1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Normal to mark toys?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by requi3mm4ss, Mar 15, 2005.

1. requi3mm4ss

requi3mm4ss New Member

Is it normal for a 10 week old Shih-Poo to start marking toys?
    I take it out to go potty regularly, but this morning it went pee
    just a little bit on its favorite bear, the one it sleeps with...
    I then take him out, and he went potty normally. What should
    I do with his bear? Wash him? Use that puppy odor stuff on the bear?

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Its unlikely, 10 weeks is a little early to be marking anything, could it have just been an accident?
    As long as the bear is washable then I would wash it just make sure it gets an extra rinse, laundry detergent can cause rashes, sneezing, other allergic reactions. I dont know which puppy odour remover your talking about, if you just cover the smell up the pup will still be able to smell it and may pee there again, you could use Natures Miracle (can get it most pet stores) that has something in it that actually 'eliminates' the smell.
    Or buy a new bear.
    Puppies need to go pee as soon as they wake up, sometimes even waiting 5-10 minutes is too long for them.
    If he is going out often enough but continues peeing small amounts in little areas you might want to talk to your vet and maybe rule out a blader infection.

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

Is it possible this was submissive urination? Were you doing anything with your puppy at the time, like picking him up, putting his leash on, or in any way looming over him (from his point of view)? Puppies, and some adult dogs too, will do this as a sign of submission, particularly if they feel insecure or threatened.

If that's what happened, it's important to ignore the behavior. Correcting him for it will only make matters worse. Just calmly clean it up, and go about your business. Most puppies will grow out of this in time. In the mean time, it sometimes helps if you squat or stoop to his level, rather than bend over him, to pick up your puppy or put his leash on.

4. requi3mm4ss

requi3mm4ss New Member

As a matter of fact, I have been noticing that when i pick him up he gives me like a soft pur just recently it has started happening....

Maybe it is that submissive deal... Cause hes still going when i take him to his spot outside...

Thanks for the info Ill keep you posted!

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Simple Solution works great on removing pee smells too. Les expensive also. Natures Miracle just came out first.