1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Not dog related but.....

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by GinaH, Aug 11, 2004.

1. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Be Sure To Cancel Your Credit Cards Before You Die
    This is just so priceless....and so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is....

Here's the story. My Aunt died this past January. Citibank billed her for February and March for their monthly service charge on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge...the balance had been $0.00...now was somewhere around $60.00. I placed the following phone call to Citibank:

Me: "I am calling to tell you that she died in January."

Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."

Me: "Maybe, you should turn it over to collections..."

Citibank: "Since it is 2 months past due, it already has been."

Me: "So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?"

Citibank: "Either report her account to the frauds division, or report her to the credit bureau...maybe both!"

Me: "Do you think God will be mad at her?"

Citibank. "excuse me?"

Me: "Did you just get what I was telling you.... the part about her being dead?"

Citibank: "Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor!"

(Supervisor gets on the phone)

Me: "I'm calling to tell you, she died in January."

Citibank: "The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply."

Me: "You mean you want to collect from her estate?"

Citibank: ".....(stammer)" .... "Are you her lawyer?"

Me: "No, I'm her great nephew." (Lawyer info given...)

Citibank: "Could you fax us a certificate of death?"

Me: "Sure." (Fax number is given) ! (After they get the fax.)

Citibank: "Our system just isn't setup for death..."

Me: "Oh..."

Citibank: "I don't know what more I can do to help..."

Me: "Well... if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep
    billing her...I suppose...don't really think she will care...."

Citibank: "Well...the late fees and charges do still apply."

Me: "Would you like her new billing address?"

Citibank: "That might help."

Me: "(Odessa Memorial Cemetery #### Hwy 129 and plot number given.)

Citibank: "Sir, that's a cemetery!"

Me: "What do you do with dead people on your planet?!!"

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

too much Gina, you are sure making me smile this afternoon

honeybear

3. Rene

Rene New Member

I also had that problem when my grandparents died BOFA sent a new card to their house someone got it and activated it. I had all their mail forwared to my house so i could take care of things. Well i got a bill from BOFA for 2,000 i looked at the charged date and called them right away they said they had no record of their death i made them fax me copies of the signature that signed for those charges and guess what it did not match (humm wonder why) it took almost a year to clear it up but i finally did it can really be a pain in the A** when stuff like that happens

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

This is a story they're going to have on the news tonight that's kind of simular.

A woman whos Mother died suddenly is trying to get the deposit back on her Mother's apartment. The management company says NO. So the woman asked why, and the management company told her, "Your Mother didn't give us a 30 day notice that she would be moving. :shock:

So the woman is airing it on our chanel 3 called "3 On Your Side" and they're going to confront the management company together.

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

heehee great story! Sounds just like the trouble my in-laws had with their mother last October!

6. geenamabob

geenamabob New Member

wow,good story..........it could teach all of us a lesson. lol

7. Jody

Jody New Member

OMG what a hassle, but how stupid are people these days, what are they going to do when somebody is dead and they try and get money out of them.......stupid I tell ya stupiddddddddd!

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

LMAO! And people wonder what is wrong with the world today...

9. asdmom

asdmom New Member

unbelieveable !! yet it is believable at the same time. very sad state of affairs we are in.