1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

not sure what to do now...........HELP!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by mamabear_34, Apr 3, 2004.

1. mamabear_34

mamabear_34 New Member

Hello everyone, I have written before about my Buffy girl being mouthy. Now I am really worried!! I took her to be groomed today because she wouldnt let me trim her nails anymore (without throwing a fit!!) The groomer said that she had to muzzle her to trim her nails and that the more she corrected her the more aggitated and bitey she became. Since we got her, whenever she bites at us we hold her muzzle and tell her "no bite" and if she is getting really mouthy we roll her onto her back and hold her muzzle with the command "no bite" but when we let her up she snaps at us again. What am I going to do?? How can I help her to get past this?? I have had her for 3 months now and she is about 5 1/2 months old. Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!! Also to let you all know she is a pit/lab mix (according to the Humane Society where I got her) One other thing..............how do I get that picture to the left the right size to be used as an avatar?? I keep reducing it but the frame around it stays big??

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Mamabear, was it you I sent this mouthiness file to? If not, let me know and I will. If I did, and none of these corrections are working, I would first take her to a vet to get checked out and make sure she is not doign this because she is sick or in pain, and if she's healthy, call a behaviouralist. This is unacceptable, especially if you have children around. Continue to do what you are doing. When she mouths, yelp really loud and turn your back on her. Whenever Harley does something bad and I ingore her, she is perfect for the rest of the day. They really feel isolated when you don't pay attention to them and will usually do anything for you to look at them again. When you do play with her and she doesnt' mouth, treat her for it.

About the pic, go to the general forum, Chessmind may be able to help you, he did my pic for me.

3. Walt

Walt New Member

Wow!,

Just saw your post mamabear_34, I dont no what to tell ya...well actualy I do but your not going to like so i'll keep it to my self :wink:

But I do wish you luch with what ever you deside to do with your pup.