1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure what to think :(

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Jennifer, Apr 30, 2004.

1. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

Well.. first let me tell you that I got my girls :D I didn't take a REALLY close look at them until after we got home... and needless to say .. I'm glad I've got vet visits scheduled for in the morning.

Both girls are badly shaved... it looks awful. FunnyFace has what we think is a massive ear infection in both ears.. this golden brown stuff is just running from both ears and she flinches when we touch them and her pee is just FOUL! Oh man.. it gagged me! Exquisite is wheezing really bad. I know that sometimes it's normal... but her breathing seems labored almost. Both girls have this brown/black stuff on their teeth.. and neither of them have had their rabies shot ( not really a big deal.. I don't mind getting it. ) Neither is leash broke... and both are fighting their "cat" size collars... so I took them off. They are soooooo timid... that they flinch anytime anyone moves around them... it's just heartbreaking!

Even after only a few hours of I'm definately in love with them... and they will have home here forever..regardless. But I'm seriously disappointed with this breeder. She told me they were healthy and been vetted.. etc.. and I'm seeing full proof that this is not the case. It's almost like she offed her sickly dogs onto me. I guess I should have looked closer when I first got them this morning...BEFORE the breeder left. *sigh*

These poor babies... I just don't know what to think. :cry:

Tomorrow I'll take some pics of them.. for comparison to the pics that the breeder had. Man o man...

Good news is... they haven't whimpered or barked yet and they love to snuggle.. both are alseep in my lap as we speak. They are so sweet...

Jennifer

PS.. oh.. did I mention that they don't even know their own names?!?!?!

2. RottieZeus

RottieZeus New Member

I am so sorry to hear that they are like that. I would be furious!! They looked so well groomed and clean in the pics!!! Of course I also thought in the pics that they didn't look anywhere near as old as you had mentioned they were. I hope everything is curable and that they soon will be healthy. Keep us posted.

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Well, that sounds like the ear has been infected for quite some time. Maybe a bladder infection for the other. Hopefully a teeth cleaning will suffice. They really desrve someone like you.

4. nern

nern New Member

How terrible! :x I'm so glad that someone like you adopted them so that they now will be properly taken care of. Hope all goes well at the vets. Be sure and keep us posted.

5. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this! I would be so angry myself :x

As the others have said, I think it is great that they now have a caring and loving owner...... you are just what they need & deserve.

Keep us posted on how things go after you visit the vet.

6. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear this! I would be so angry myself :x

As the others have said, I think it is great that they now have a caring and loving owner...... you are just what they need & deserve.

Keep us posted on how things go after you visit the vet.

7. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

I ditto what everyone else has said!!!

You have all the right in the world to be upset about it, that's for sure! :x

However, it is obvious that they now have an excellent home with you and your family, and that they will receive proper medical attention for their problems! (In an odd way, I believe it is wonderful that you got them, simply because we can rest assured that they will NOW receive what they so badly deserve, and that is a family that truly cares about them!)

Give them LOTS of TLC from all of us! :y_the_best:

Please do keep us updated! :D

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Sorry about the double post everyone! My computer was acting goofy after I clicked submit :shock:

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Oh my, Jennifer!!
    The good news is these girls now have YOU!! :kiss_heart: (everything happens for a reason!)
    I agree with an earlier post about how they looked a lot younger in the pics than the ages you said..... sounds like you were conned, big time.

I totally admire you for posting here and letting us all know..... you always know you can "vent" here!! :) hehe....

Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!!!! :love_y_t_much: BIG HUGS TO YOU... and BIG HUGS TO THE NEW GIRLS from all of us on auspet!! :kiss_puppy:

10. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Vent away Jenifer .I am so glad they are with you though .Hopefully they can be taken care of now .
    Sorry they were in the shape they are in ,to hear they are not well is always a sad time .
    Will be thinking of you and them and hope in te coming weeks all can be made right with them .I know you will give it your best ....
    If any of us can help ,let us know :y_the_best:

11. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

Thank you guys for tolerating my venting... I'm trying not to be angry... but honestly... I consider this abuse. Pure and simple. I just posted a new topic with the update from the vet... Dr. Jamison was just HORRIFIED! She said that she's seen this kinda thing from puppy mills.. and then chewed me out.. because I should have came to her when we started looking for another dog. I will next time!

But even in my anger.. I look at these sweet girls.. and my heart just melts. They look at you with this look.... that seems to just beg for love. Well, they get plenty from me! FunnyFace has stolen my husbands heart... it's so cute to see this little dog curled up in my big ole' husbands arms!

Jennifer

12. ilovemaltipoos

You have a good heart ,take care of those two precious babies ...Let us know how it all goes too ..

13. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Jennifer~

Glad you got them to the vet.!

Give those two precious girls lots of love from all of us here at AusPet! :kiss_heart:

How does Baja like the girls, and vice versa?

14. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

Baja and the girls

Well, the girls are terrified of most everything in the house... including Baja. Baja is adjusting pretty well to the girls.. though we had a slight argument over the water bowl this morning... which resulted in FunnyFace fleeing to my lap.

Baja is certainly letting them know their place... but still accepting them. They were curled up on the sofa last night sleeping together while my husband and I were watching a movie.

Every now and then Baja will give a warning growl to one of the girls.. if he thinks they are overstepping their boundry's..lol

We are trying to maintain his status as "first" dog... he gets everything first.. and more attention. I hope we are doing the right thing in that. I don't want Baja to feel like the girls are competition for anything.. Am I doing that right?

Jennifer

15. ilovemaltipoos

yes ,he still needs that from you .The girls have not been use to it ,so they will not mind .However you do need to continue to supervise and let him know that agressive behavior will not be tolerated.

16. Jennifer

Jennifer New Member

Oh yes.. we are very careful to keep them supervised. They are crated at night (for their own protection) and during the day if I have to leave to go somewhere.. unless I take Baja with me. They do have food and water access in their crates as well.

Baja is really doing well with them.. except that he doesn't want to share anything that is HIS. The girls have their own beds.. and their own toys. But invariably FunnyFace's curiosity gets the best of her.. and she try's out Baja's bed and he gets onto her... gently though. Just a nice warning growl.. and she runs back to me or her own bed. We chastise Baja.. lightly.. but not too harshly.

Jennifer