1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Now a guppy tank question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Aqueous, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

My parents feel sorry for me because my sister killed my first guppy fry, so they've decided that I can get another tank to raise my next batch of guppy fry in so they won't get eaten.

Would a 20 gallon tank be large enough to do this :?:

2. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Well i use a 15 gallon tank for my new born guppy fry. I move them to another bigger tank when they grow to a certain size and become a threat to the smaller ones, but not big enough to be with their parents.

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

Wow! 20 gallons would be huge, tons of room to raise fry in. I raised mine a 5 gallon. But since the parents are willing you might as well get the best tank you can at this point.

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Yeah my parents are pretty clueless when it comes to raising fry. If i told them I'd need a huge tank they'd probably believe me!

I'll be going to my lfs today after work. Last time I was there they had a 20 gallon kit on sale for $99 so hopefully they still do. I thought it was a better deal, their 5 and 10 gallon kits are about $60+.

:D Thanks!

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. I got my 20 gallon kit for $89.99. Just make sure you have a good stand to put it on as I found out that most furniture will not hold a 20 gallon tank. Some lfs' will cut a deal if you buy the tank and stand together. You can save a bunch of money doing it that way instead of putting it off and buying it later (like I did).

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i got my 24 gallon fishtank and it wasnt on sale. hehe. but that sounds fine and ur lucky my parents wont buy me any more fishes.....well my mom atleast.....my dad is just as exited with the fish as me :D so best of luck!

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I agree, a 20 gallon tank would be more than enough. I use a 20 tall to grow out my african cichlid fry. I would have preferred a 20 long because it has more surface area, but it wouldn't fit in the space available.

-Chelle

8. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

ya, lucky with the parents thing. I'm saving up to start up my own 65 gallon reef tank. My Dad did agree to build a stand for me though.

9. J_acon

J_acon New Member

I am planning for 70 gals tank to make an African Cichilds tank. :D