1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Nutering my 7 year old dog

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by kayfrantz, Oct 4, 2006.

1. kayfrantz

kayfrantz New Member

Please help. I need some advice on my 7 year old Rot,Shep,LAb mix. He has not been nutered and has started cuasing some problems. We live in a rural area and he loves to roam around the neighborhood. One of our neighbors hates him being on her property. And it has become a huge problem. Our dog is very hard to keep contained he gets out of every fence. I hate to have him tied up all the time I don't think it very humaine. I am wondering if nutering might help his roaming behavior. I have wanted him nutered from the begining but my husband is aginst it. What do I do? Will nutering even help this situation.

2. Chezza

Chezza New Member

In my experience "Yes" it will help with him roaming, he is obviously patrolling his area, and maybe there is some female dogs around to on your neighbours property, ask the vets about it 7 years old is a little gettin on but I cant see a prob if he is very healthy without any medical problems... He certainly should of been done alot younger but never mind.. :wink:
    Talk it over with your vet, but when we got our Rotti done he settled down beautifully and became a lovely big sook lol...

3. gypsy

gypsy New Member

Definitely. There is only one reason to keep an animal unaltered, and since you are not breeding, he should be neutered. Intact males will do what males do.......ROAM. And if you are in a rural area with livestock, the chances of him NOT coming home one night are very good. Not sure why your husband is against this, but i would get the dog fixed. You can have neuticals implanted, if it will make you man happier :lol: