1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Nutering my 7 year old dog.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by kayfrantz, Oct 4, 2006.

1. kayfrantz

kayfrantz New Member

Please help. I have a seven year old Rot, Shep, Lab mix. Lately he has started causing problems in our neighborhood. We live in a rural area and our dog love to visit one of or neighbors although she hates it and is getting very angry. We have tried fencing him in but he get out of everyonr we have put up. We have also started tying him up but it seems so inhumane to me to have him tied up at all times. I'm wondering if getting him nutered will help. I have wanted him nutered from the begining but my husband is against it. I'm not sure what to do I don't want him roaming around but is getting him fixed at this point really going to solve the problem?

2. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Neutering not only should help keep him from wondering, especially if a female comes into heat in your part of the world but neutering is also good for his health. Un-neutered males can develop prostate problems and testicular cancers and frequently do.
    Please do not tie him up as I have know two dogs that have strangled themselves to death getting the chain or rope tangled up.
    You can find many web sites describing the benefits of neutering, heres one:
    http://www.pawsperouspets.com/tips/spayneuter.shtml