1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Nutro

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by daddyfs, Mar 27, 2004.

1. daddyfs

daddyfs New Member

does anyone have any information on this brand of food?? i would like to know yall's opinions

2. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Around here (Chattanooga, TN), it came highly recommended. It did improve their stool, breath, and skin; however, it didn't really improve the look of their coats (bright, shiny, glossy, etc is what I want) like I had expected. Actually, I didn't notice a difference at all in their coats. In my opinion, it's okay, but I'm sure there is better out there. I've tried several of the Nutro varieties (both Natural and Max), and had pretty much the same results out of all of them. But like I said, it did improve their stool (size and density most - didn't help too much with the smell). It also improved their breath (a little). The biggest change I saw was in the skin of one of my females. She has an area on her back that gets dry and itchy sometimes (skin allergy). When I started feeding her the Nutro, it took care of it just about completely. You can't see any difference in that area on her back compared to the rest of her body, but you can still tell it itches her sometimes as she will repeatedly rub her back against something (anything) to scratch it. Anyway - sorry for the long reply. Overall, I'm pretty happy with Nutro, but I do plan on trying to find something better.

3. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Spencer,
    I feed Innova and I was really impressed with the change in my dogs coat condition. Their coats are much shinnier and fuller. I didnt expect that much of a change.
    Just thought I would throw that in. Good luck in what ever you choose to feed. :lol:

4. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

3Dogsihave - Thanks for that info. Is Innova a pretty widely sold brand (sorry - never heard of it)? Anyway - I'll look into that. Thanks again!

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

daddyfs.
    I use Nutro Natural Choice. I happen to like the brand. It made Harleys coat much smoother and improved her stool size. Plus, she loves it! She almost runs me over everytime I put the bowl down.
    California Natural is also supposed to be an awesome brand. They dont' sell it where I live, otherwise I would probably switch to that. And Royal Canine is very good and pretty natural but I hear its pricey.

On Natural choice right now I use Lamb and Rice.

6. nern

nern New Member

7. ZenasMom

ZenasMom New Member

Hi!
    My girl Zena just turned 1 and she had been having problems with itchy dry skin and her hair was kind of thin. This was with Innova. I think that Innova was just a little too rich for her. I started her on Nutro Natural Choice Lamb and Rice and her skin has much improved and her hair has thickened up nicely. Also her stools have decreased in size greatly! One thing I do have to say is that they need about 1/2 of the daily recommended on the bag (or at least Zena does) because she started packing on the pounds when I followed directions so I cut her back to about half and she is trimming up nice! Hope this helps!

8. pitlove

pitlove New Member

Diamond

I live in Austin Texas and we feed our dogs Diamond. It can be found in feed stores and it's first ingredient is meat.

9. pitzerlover

pitzerlover New Member

We also feed diamond dog food. :eek: If has helped them so much with coat, and poo, and they eat less! We also supplement with Red Cell because our dogs are realllly active. We found Diamond about a year ago, and will never change. \:D/

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We feed our dogs diamond high energy formula and it has worked out great for our dogs and they really seem to like it and their coats look great. We get it at our local feed store and it's not to pricey.

11. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Do you guys know if Diamond is sold in Canada? I have also looked for California Natural but have never seen it. I have heard both are very good food.

Thanks.

12. pitzerlover

pitzerlover New Member

Bully, there a dealer for Diamond in brampton. ontario 905-791-4363. and another in brandon, manatoba 204-725-1172, and one in abbotsford bc 604-850-1510. I don't know where you are. Hope this helps.

13. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Thanks,
    I'm in Alberta. I might try to call some of the shops here and see if they ever order it in.