1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Odd number of budgies?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by zarate, Jan 24, 2005.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

Does anyone know if you need to keep an even number of budgies together? Or is that basically finches that apply to that rule? I've got 4 budgies and my mother is looking for a home for my nephews budgie and I have lots of room for him, if I can keep 5 all together in one big cage without problems?
    Thanks!
    -Mandi

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I believe if you have more females than males and odd number shuld be ok.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Aslong as you have more females than there is males then there should be no fighting or squabbling.

Never have more males than femals as this is nearl always disaterous and the other pairs will pick on the lone male and will venetually kill him.

If have you have 2 pairs already set up for breeding i would say if you get this male bird keep him in a cage of his own other wise the pairs will attck him as he is classed as a threat to there nest and there chicks/eggs...

mike