1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Off to France

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

It's time to really test my French. We leave Saturday for a whole week in Paris. Unfortunately the forcast is for lots of rain so I guess we will be visiting a lot of museums. In case you missed my French post here is the thread http://www.auspet.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/002643.html
    If anyone has been to Paris and has any sugestions please let me know. If I find a computer cafe next week I'll send greetings.
    Duke and Freckles will be boarded at Duke's training academy. I spoke with his trainer, Diedra, today and she will work with him on his leash. I have been too lenient with him and last weekend on our trip to see the wildflowers Duke pulled his Mom off her feet and she got a real close look at those Bluebonnets.
    I will also have the trainer observe Duke to see if he shows any aggressive behavior. Diedra is a great trainer and will work with Duke.
    Au revoir mes amies.

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

WOW!! Lucky you! Have a great time and please take us plently of pics. I could never drag my hubby out of the house let alone to another country! :0018: Party time for you guys!

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

yahoo :D

I havent been but they say Thuelly park and Ste Eustache church and you probobably know below since you are polsihing up your french and lots of good eats

For example, it's proper "etiquette" in France to greet a shopkeeper, maitre d', etc. by saying "Bonjour, Monsieur," or "Bonjour, Madame," when you enter an establishment. Some Americans just walk in and start speaking English, and they are seen as rude and sometimes treated coldly. Lots of French people speak English, but you should always try French first if you can, since after all, you are in their country

have a great time and sounds like duke and freckles are in good hands.

honeybear

4. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Honeybears,
    You are so right about the etiquette. I remember from my high school Frence conversations that a waiter was a garcon (boy). Not anymore, it is either monsieur or madam. I will try my best to speak French. One tip I heard to help is to ask questions that can be answered with a simple yes or no. That will avoid long answers that you can't understand. In other words, I can speak French a lot better than I can understand it spoken to me. I can also read it much better and that will help.
    Duke can probably understand French better that I can. I told him to sit in French and he did :D.

5. winnie

winnie New Member

Have fun on your trip!!!!! :eek:

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

I just went to Paris for VAlentines day

I hope you have a good time, I had a terrible flu while I was there, so I didn'T get to see much. But I would say avoid the Eiffel tower! We got there around 2 or so and waited in line until 5 or so then we went to the first platform (the sun was starting to go down so I guess everyone else wanted to go up alos) and walked around and found out if you don't immediately run to the next line to get to the next level you have to wait forever again(yes I am a bit impatient, but it was cold and I was sick!) But I didn't think it was the fantastic of a view? We went to the Louvre, which was also quite crowded. Oh yea on the subway system there you must always remeber to get a ticket to get out also, I think we went to the Arc d triumph place and couldn'T get out of the subway bc we purchased the wrong tickets? we had to wait for someone else to walk through and go with them through the doors!Sorry I can'T think of any advice other than that. Oh I don't speak any french, except some xmas songs and I was fine, some places they prefered it! Oh and remeber to ask for the bathroom as the room with the toilet(I don'T know the french word) not for the directly translated bathroom(they will think you want to shower?)Hope that helps!

7. Hi Dukesdad, What a great adventure you will have! Take lotts of pics and movies! I hope you have the time of your life.......

Susan