1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

OH NO! what do i do?!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by asiankatie, Mar 8, 2005.

1. asiankatie

asiankatie New Member

ok so i have my 5g fish tank its got like 9 stems of plants in there gravel and its got a biofilter etc. i declorinate the later with biosafe and added some bio-coat. i added 2 black skirt tetras cuz the LPS told me it would help cycle it. is tihs gonna kill my poor fish? what do i do? they seem ok they were eating the worms i dropped in there. do i start testing the water for nitrite and ammonia now? its been a day since i added them. i changed 10% of the water today. what else can i do? do the plants help?

2. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

No I dont think it will kill the fishys.If you keep a close watch on them it will help.Yes yuo should start testing because then youll know if the fish will live.
    You can add gravel from an already started fishtank or you can get a chemical containing the bactiria needed to start a fishtank.The plants are actualy not a good thing because they feed off the bacteria you are trying to get in there.

Hope it helps!

:) TA TA!

Petz