1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ok Big Problem here :(

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Chezza, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Chezza

Chezza New Member

With Jay....Not sure why he is doing this, he gors back to the vet tomorrow morning to get tubes out..
    BUT he has atarting weeing in the beanbags :cry: He has never done this.. He weed the first one in one of the beanbags yesterday, we had to take it outside to air and dry, then we can wash it, but today he weed in the other. :(
    He is not meowing, or even going to his litter box..??????
    He is just sitting there doing it?????
    :( :( :(
    He is on antibiotics, I'm thinking maybe that????? Or the fact he isnt allowed outside and protesting???
    Im Miffed..He isnt even getting up to go to his litter box, yet he is getting up to eat and drink, he is even playing, and is happy as larry..
    :(

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

can you get Cat Attract litter there? Are you sure he's wee'ing or is he leaking?
    Is he pooping in his box?
    I ask about the leaking as a coworker has recently gone through this with her cat and they aren't sure if he's actually peeing or just leaking. He's had a barrage of tests and had a UTI so that explained most of it but he
    s just not perking up and when he goes it's only a little amount at a time. It's almost like he's got blockage but there were no crystals.
    Cat Attract might get him using the box. Or it could be behaviorial.
    Could also be a result of any drugs he's on. Google the meds he's on and see if there are any side effects.

3. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Thanks Mary I will, google the meds..

He is pooping in the litter box, no worries there :?:
    Thats why I don't get it.. :(

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Jay has never done this before, so it worries me :(

Whether, he is protesting to not going out, cause he is sitting at the door meowing, and I'm like "NO WAY" buddy..NO WAY!!!

Tiff escaped this arvo, thanks to the kids opening the door long enough for her to dart out *not happy*, and my son chased her lol and got her back again thank goodness.

What happened to Jay has really scared me, so they are inside for good again..

5. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Chezza. Mention this to the vet when you go. Let us know how what they say.

6. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Yea I will Chessmind.. We are taking him first up tomorrow morning, he gets his tubes out, so I will tell him whats happening with him..I'll keep you informed
    Its late here, so I'll say goodnight. xx
    Take care all.

7. Bente

Bente New Member

Poor Jay, and poor you :( Crossing all fingers and toes, hoping it's nothing serious, and that he'll be back to his good ol' self in no time. Let us know how it goes at the vet.

*hugs*

8. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

that's a hard one it could be any number of things.. I do think that he is mad that he can't go outside now. But he will get over that one with time. It could also be the meds that he is on for his wound. Then yes there is the UTI he may have one of those with all that he has gone through.
    Good luck!! let us know what the results come out to be.
    :?

9. vene

vene New Member

I hope he'll be alright. Thinking of him...

10. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Ok this is what I found..This is what he is on...

Clavulox Palatable Drops are an orally administered broad spectrum anti-biotic for cats and dogs to fight bacterial infections.
    Indications

Clavulox has been shown to be effective in treating a wide range of diseases in cats and dogs including:

* Skin disease (including deep and superficial pyodermas)]
    * Urinary tract information
    * Repsiratory disease
    * Enteritis

Directions

Clavulox Palatable Drops should not be given to rabbits or guinea pigs. Caution is advised in their use in any other small herbivores. Do not administer to animals with a history of allergic reaction to penicillins.
    Directions for Mixing

Add 14ml of water to the bottle and shake it vigorously. Store the made suspension in a refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C (36°F and 46°F).

Discard any suspension left after 10 days
    Dosage and Duration of Therapy

For oral administration only. Shake well before use.

A standard dose rate of 12.5mg/kg (1ml/5kg or 1ml/11lbs) bodyweight twice daily is recommended. I refractory cases, particularly those of the respiratory tract, a dose rate of 25mg/kg (2ml/5kg or 2ml/11lbs) bodyweight twice daily is recommended as a guide.
    Routine cases involving all indications

Therapy should be continued for 5-7 days or for 48 hours after all symptoms have subsided.
    Chronic or refractory cases

In these cases, where there is considerable tissue damage, a longer course of therapy may be required to allow sufficient time for damage tissue to repair. Based on clinical trials, the following durations are suggested as guidelines:

* chronic skin disease 10-20 days
    * chronic cystitis 10-28 days
    * respiratory disease 8-10 days

Warning

Penicillins may cause hypersensitivity (allergy) following inhalation, ingestion or skin contact. Do not handle this product if you know you are sensitised or you have been advised not work with such preparations. Handle this product with great care to avoid exposure, taking all recommended precautions.

Dispose of the empty container by wrapping it with paper and putting it in the garbage.

11. Chezza

Chezza New Member

So if he has a urine infection that should help anyway by reading it?? :?

12. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Both Patches and Harley have been on that med and actually Patches is "allergic" to it..... she vomits and stops eating and gets really lethargic... Harley did fine on it. Hope that it helps Jay and yea it helps different ailments so hopefully if he got a UTI that will clear up too....
    Keep us updated.
    :eek:

13. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi Chezza. For some reason I posted my reply to this post in your other post (What is something?) But, yes it can take care of the UTI (should he have one).

14. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Well he got his tubes out, and the vet reckons he has not got an infection, he hasn't done it since, the vet reckons he could be protesting, today him and Tiff are better at not wanting to go outside..They are starting to settle back into the indoor life, even playing together..
    So I'm pleased about that :eek:
    I want my babies safe and sound where I kow they wont get hurt again.. :mrgreen:

Here is me and Tiff and Jay playing, jay got me a good one lol. :mrgreen:

I know your there mum..

[​IMG]

I can see your hand..

[​IMG]

GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

[​IMG]

15. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Chezza I am so glad to hear that Jay is doing well and is adjusting to being indoors. I agree with you I don't let my guys outside except for on the patio and I am out there with them. Mainly to make sure that Harley doesn't go over the railing. If he jumps ontop of it in we go..... I want to make sure that they are safe from cars on the very nearby street, other stray cats that are around.

Great pictures!!!! :mrgreen: he and Tiff look like they are very happy!!!

16. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Yea, well i gave it a shot with them, when we moved, let them have a bit of fresh air, but theres no way at the risk of him or tiff getting hurt..
    He was a lucky boy, and to see him so lethargic was upsetting..

Tiff was sitting on me watching the action lol :mrgreen:

17. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Chezza you're doing the right thing you can't take the risk of them getting hurt. Jay dogged a bullet and he may not be so lucky next time. Good for you in being such a caring and responsible pet owner. I wish there were more like us. I saw a poor kitty on the road this morning that wasn't so lucky and it broke my heart!!!

18. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Look mum Im sooooooo comfy I'm sleeping with my legs up in the air.. :lol:

[​IMG]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh *Dreams Away*

[​IMG]

19. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

If I had insisted Sessy stay inside she'd probably be with me now :m13:
    July 18th will be 7 years since I last saw her and I know she became a victim of some wild animal.
    I wish I could have put up with her yelling to get outside.
    Oh well - I am glad you are stronger than I! Once they get used to it it's really not that big of a deal. And think of the birds YOU are also protecting.

20. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Aww Mary that is soo heart wrenching not knowing what happened to your baby.... :( :cry: