1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ok, heres my 2 gallon tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by puttin510, Jul 11, 2004.

1. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Its just basic, but it's much nicer than a bowl. flame boy was hiding out.
    [​IMG]

Heres a picture blurred but at least you can see him.
    [​IMG]

I wanted to that you for the advise on the dribbling tank syndrome too, LOL thats fixed.
    Now how do I get him to eat with the filter on. He has gotten so picky about his food. I can barely get him to eat anything just a tiny worm or two each day. I have to turn the filter off or the food swirls around and gets lost.
    Also word to the wise, I nearly killed my beta by doing exactly what the declorinaor said. I called the fish shop and he said to double up on declorinator because our water was pretty tough on fish. That was touch and go, but he's strong now. Just needs to eat more.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You can try holding the worms with a pair of tweezers. And bettas can be a bit moody so it may take him a few days before he starts eating good again.

My water is just the opposite of yours. All this time I've been buying dechlorinator because we have city water so I figured surely it has chlorine & chloramine in it. We're planning on getting a whole house filter that, among other things, is supposed to remove chlorine. So just to be on the safe side, I bought a test. I checked the water before and found out that we don't have chlorine or chloramine. Our water comes from a city well so it just goes through a series of filters but no chemicals are added.

-Chelle

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

nice tank

4. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Bettas don't appreciate water-flowing waters.. so there should be no current on your tank.. Anyway, nice tank you got there and best of luck for your betta..

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Well this fish is just going to have to get used to the flow of water. I tried the tweezers and he bit at it. But I am finding that bloodworms should only be fed maybe once a week as a treat. They are two high in protien to feed all the time. So flakes of peelets it is. I bought a feeding ring to keep the food from going everywhere.

6. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Dats a really nice tank you got!

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Thanks, I want to get a few more plants in there to make it look better.

8. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

thats really cute. maybe try get a hornwort plant in there.

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Do you have a picture of the hornwort plant. I have been thinking of going down to get another plant, maybe something upright. Whats it look like. Oh something slow growing would be great.

10. OneWolvesDream

thye are great! slow growing, hardy, fluffy, and cool.

[​IMG]

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hmm, they are nice. Thanks for the picture. I will be getting more plants.

12. OneWolvesDream

no prob. yeah they are nice, the only plant i can keep alive :oops: lol.

13. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Well don't feel bad that tall plant you see in my tank is no longer there. It seems to just melt away.

14. OneWolvesDream

lol. i have gone through 6 plants.....one lived :shock:

15. Nameless

Nameless New Member

16. OneWolvesDream

yup, i have this other one that is like the hornwort but isnt the so close, it has thicker leaves and a thicker stem. Only probolem is that my gouramis found it fun tearing it apart. its a dinky plant now, only one plart to it, my fish have squished the base and it looks like a dead plant living. lol. haha. wow that was a gay joke.

17. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hey that sounds like a good name for a movie or song. I can almost hear it being sung. Dead plant living. LOL It's all trial and error right.

Show yourself Unknown. Can you be of some help!!!

18. OneWolvesDream

LMAO, the night the mutant zombie DEAD plants attack, that makes sence why when im at the petstore getting a plant everytime the guy picks up the best plant there (healthy) it suddanly breaks. :shock: lol.

19. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hmm maybe it's time to check out another fish supplu store. I went yesterday to look but did not see any hornwort. I picked up a cordyline species(red edge) and a hygrophila difformus(wisteria). Maybe after I kill these I look for the hornwort again. I went to two stores. The wisteria is full and lush though.

20. OneWolvesDream

yup, im very picky with the plants, they are in good health but i think the way they handle the plants make the difference. though i think my gourami and angel have decided its fun to eat the hornwort leaves. ugh.