1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Older Yorkie & baby poodle

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by JoanR, May 17, 2004.

1. JoanR

JoanR New Member

How do I post my questions to other people? I'll just try.
    I have a six year old four lb Yorkie who has been princess of this home.
    Now I've brought in an 8 wk old, 2lb 11oz poodle girl who wants to
    bite Missy and I don't want Missy to be intimidated in her own home.
    I have crates, etc. for daytime and nighttime. chew toys - etc. I'm wondering = it's only been two days - will this ever resolve itself for the older one? I am thinking of moving the little one out, which will hurt -
    but I love my older dog too much to put her through this misery.
    I'm very watchful, but it happens before I know it. The little one is
    so quick. Any thoughts for me? Will appreciate it.

2. Laura05

Laura05 New Member

I think what I would do is put the puppy on a leash and attach it to your person. That way you will know what the little bugger is doing all the time. Then when it starts to bite the older dog you can stop that right away. A stern NO and a tiny jerk on the leash should do it.

I have added several pets to old pets over the years. Some are a little harder to train then others but never give up! It will soon seem like the new member has always been there! :D

3. kindness_001

kindness_001 New Member

When i bring in a new dog what i do is have a squirt bottle and when it does something it should not i say NO as i squirt it. it doesnt hurt it and my pugs know when i say no i dont even have to have the bottle now the yorkies know this also. didnt take long for them to learn. I was teasing around with grandkids with it and they dont like it either. their mommies get a little hot under the collar so i quit with them.LOL