1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Olypian Gold Metal Winner Carried a Memory of his Dog

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Yesterday Tyler Hamilton won the individual time trial bicycle race. A few weeks ago while he was racing in the Tour de France, Tugboat, his golden Retreiver passed away. In memory of his dog Tyler carried Tugboat's tags under his helmet during the olympic race. He said "he felt his old friends presence on the 30 mile race".
    See the full story at:
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... s-tt_x.htm

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I saw that on TV yesterday! What a great guy.

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Awww...

You know. Granvel has Gris's collar and tags on his gear shifter. Said that dog lived to ride with him, and he'll always ride with him. Now he has char and Gris's collar and tags......

4. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Have any of you noticed....or is it just me??....but it seems like at every Olympic games, the ones who win are always inspired, driven to win, and in some way memorializing an important person (or in this case pet) who has recently been lost to them? It just seems weird, but I've noticed before how often Olympic athletes have lost a mother, father, sister, brother..... It's heartwarming, but terribly sad sometimes...so often I think "Geez!! Here they finally are realizing their dream of competing and winning in the Olympics, and their mother/father, etc.....who I'm sure has supported them, been behind them, help fund in every way this dream, and now they aren't alive to be here for it!

5. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You have to have a powerful motivation to win in order to compete at the Olympic level. We hear about the ones that are for their dog, or their mother, or whatever - because it is human interest. I think there are just as many who are driven for personal satisfaction or the desire to "be the best". And there's nothing wrong with that!

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Gosh, Pam! That's a good point!!

I looooove that story! How sweet :kiss_heart: :kiss_heart: :kiss_heart: :kiss_heart: