1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

OMG! Grooming Place...

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Aug 16, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Okay.. I have to share this story because I am SOOOOO :x :x

This past Friday hubby & I had a 1/2 at work... so, running a few errands and one of them was to stop by the grooming salon that we took the girls to for the first time to get more food for them...

WELL, we walk in and there's a gentleman walking in just before us with his cat in a kennel. He puts the kennel up on the counter and explains what he'd like done etc... the woman opens the cage and talks to the cat (who was just huddled in the corner) and then closes the kennel up. Man is told to come back in a few hours and leaves... we are next in line...

The woman takes the kennel and puts it on the floor against the wall and the cashier is starting to ring up our purchase.. I'm watching and all of a sudden this girl goes behind the counter area (which is really big so I can see all the kennels on the floor) and plops a 12 PACK OF COKE DOWN ON THE CATS KENNEL!!!! OMG! :shock: Perhaps I am overreacting but I was horrified! The other woman (the one who actually put the kennel on the floor and KNEW there was a cat in there) says to the girl "Oh, I see you got some Coke at the store, was it on sale?"! I'm thinking.. "Um, didn't you JUST see her drop that pack of coke on that cat's kennel??!!!!! That's OKAY with you?!"

I really wanted to say something, but I bit my tongue. I also was tempted to run outside and get the owner before he drove away and tell him what I just saw. I did say outloud to my husband as he was paying, "Did you just see what she did?!" He was upset too and said that we didn't have to bring the girls back there..... NO WAY! I'm just so shocked that they were that uncaring and disrespectful...that poor cat :cry:

Needless to say, I have been searching for a new grooming place all weekend.. think I've narrowed it down to two.

I've decided that when I call to cancel the girl's next appt., I'm going to tell them why I'm canceling.. and, I may also send a letter to management... am I overreacting here or was that just not called for?!

Thanks for listening :D

2. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Oh my goodness, how could that woman have been so careless and disrespectful!!! :x The poor cat, he/she is obviously already scared enough as it is, and for someone to just plop that right on top of the cage knowing there is probably an animal in there! [Insert sarcasm here] Yeah, it's real comforting to know that they are so concerned for the betterment of the pets they have coming in!?!? I mean, sure, it wasn't a matter of life and death, but please, have a little consideration for the pets, especially since most of them come in frightened and scared in the first place! Quite frankly, if she is that inconsiderate right out in the open in front of customers, that makes you think about what really goes on behind closed doors!?!? Good thing I didn't witness that, that girl sure would've heard from me, including her supervisors and management! To be that careless is simply uncalled for, and unacceptable!

I wish you luck in choosing the new grooming salon for Molly and Emma! :y_the_best:

I'm sorry you had to see that, but I guess it's good that you did...that girl's true colors really showed at that moment! [-(

:D

3. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

OMG>........ you're right! That poor cat probably had a CORONARY when they plopped that on top!! eeeeeeeeeeek......... :(

I agree... if you are uncomfortable, then YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE! Just think what happens when you don't seeeeeeee..... :( I definitely think you should tell the owner/mgmt about it. Of course, they'll give some lame excuse (is there such an excuse?) or an "I'm sorry" but the bottom line is the people working there should be more concerned.

4. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thanks.. I'm glad I'm not alone on this!

I understand that the kitty wasn't hurt or anything but it was just not an appropriate thing to do! And, like you said, imagine what goes on when we are NOT there!

I may visit one of the two that I'm thinking of tonight :D

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I have my moments when I'm quiet. But I think I would have said something. Tell those people the reason why you won't go back there.