1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

One of my parakeets died...

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Tree, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tree

Tree New Member

Well...one of my parakeets died last night, we found him dead at the bottom of the cage. We still haven't determined how he died, but we think he may have fallen and broke his neck, because he used to fall to the bottom of the cage really hard and just get back up. Guess he fell the wrong way this time. :( But I just wanted to ask you all for an opinion. See, there was another parakeet in the cage, and she's been looking lonely lately. You should've seen my birds together, they would swing eachother on the swings and all kinds of stuff. I'm just wondering...what do you think would be best for this bird?

2. rideswthewind

rideswthewind New Member

My Bird Died

Hi Tree...

Recently I had to put our female pet keet to sleep..She was suffering from a tumor & was very ill. Our male misses her terribly (Halle & Barre)
    Holly & Berry. Our vet strongly urged us to get another female which we did...now Berry is fine...not depressed...chirping..playing..swinging on his perch again. Altho, we just acquired "Daisey"....& she's in a cage next to his...we'll wait a few wks. then try putting them in 1 cage together. It's made such a difference in Berry again. He's happy & so are we! Good luck! If I were u, I'd definitely get another bird to put next to the one u have.

3. Jody

Jody New Member

Im so sorry to hear your keet died. :cry: :cry: :cry:

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:cry: Sorry to hear about the loss of your keet. I'd definately get another companion for the other one.

5. GogetasWR

GogetasWR New Member

that sounds so sad.......... :cry: I highly suggest to get a new parakeet

6. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

:(

Thats soooooo sad :( I agree with every1 else, get another keet. I'm so sorry about your loss. :(

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Your stories are really sad. First of all, yes I would probaly put another bird in the cage with your budgie cause I remember that I had a breeding pair and the female died and the male shortly died later and this has happened twice so you should find a friend for it soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.