1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

oops!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Dennis, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Dennis

Dennis New Member

Well, my 10gallon is busted :(

It seems that dog bones being kicked by younger siblings finally has brought an end to my tank.

It put a crack in the front of it.

Is there anyway to fix a crack/hole?

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Walmart has 10 gallon tanks (just the tank, no equipment) for $9. You'd be better off getting a new one. Other than replacing that pane of glass, there's no good way to fix a crack.

Are your fish okay?

-Chelle

3. Dennis

Dennis New Member

My fish are fine. It was were i had my piranha. Its in the 20 gallon now, and my other fish are in the 65 that my goldfish usual live in during the winter

4. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

[-X piranhas cant be kept in such a small tank! [-X

anyways you can get crack sealent somewhere like bigalsonline.com or at a lfs.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I wouldn't trust a crack sealer. Even if you can stop the leak, that pane of glass is severely weakened and 10 gallons of water is a lot of pressure on a weak piece of glass.

-Chelle

6. OneWolvesDream

hmm, yeah i guess thats a good point. iv never had a probolem with my tank and cracks. i dont let anyone toutch it and i have it in my room where no one ever goes so it all works out!

7. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

same ere, mine are kept in my room, all 3, and spares in the shed, my rents dont touch and my boyfriend is knowledgable enough not to break it, so it all works out

8. OneWolvesDream

lol, mine is more of you toutch it and you die. thats why it is 4 years old and iv never had a probolem.

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

It is best just to get a new tank!

10. OneWolvesDream

in all i agree a new tank would be best. just keep the kids away. lol.

11. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

yep it would be cheaper just to buy a new tank

12. OneWolvesDream

yesterday i looked at the sealent stuff and it says a warning about the glass being weak