1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

oscar color change question??

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Apr 4, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

i got 2 oscars 3 days ago and their black is turnin to grey why? is it bad? how can i fix it????

P.s. they are red tigers :D

2. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

can you post pics ?

3. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

no, my digital camera was dropped in the lake :oops: but one has gone back to black and the other is still grey!! its like a dull grey color where it should be black...

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

sounds like the blackening is due to stress

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle

6. DUCKLE-BUM

DUCKLE-BUM New Member

Really do need to know your water quality to be sure, but are they breathing steadily? Do their orange markings remain bright orange?
    Are they greyish all the time? are they actively swimming about the tank, or are they lathargic? How big are your O's?
    My tiger O's black will turn to grey if he's upset/grumpy. If I move the things around in the tank, change water or anything he doesn't like, it's turn grey and sit in the corner time :D

7. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

My O is the same way, when things aren't the way he likes them, he turn different shades, but after he gets used to it he goes back to normal colors.