1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

oscar X breeding question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by oscarboi, Apr 2, 2005.

1. oscarboi

oscarboi New Member

My oscars have been breeding lately. Ones a male tiger and the others a female albino. What would the fry turn out to be if the eggs hatch? Ive never bothered letting them hatch and just let the firemouths eat them.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I knew someone who had a breeding pair like yours (tiger X albino tiger). The offspring ended up looking about 1/2 way between the two. Like tigers, but with a light grey base color instead of the green/black like the tiger or the white like the albino. I'll have to look around and see if I can find any pictures.

-Chelle

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Like these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-Chelle

4. oscarboi

oscarboi New Member

wow they dont look that nice. I might let the eggs hatch next time for fun. Are oscars good parents like convicts?

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It depends on the individual fish. Sometimes they'll take care of the eggs, sometimes they'll eat the eggs.

-Chelle

6. oscarboi

oscarboi New Member

thanks t chelle. Can you give me some breeding tips? Like what to feed the fry and stuff.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I believe you can initially feed them baby brine shrimp then eventually start feeding them crushed flakes.

-Chelle

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i have heard that you can hard-boil an egg, remove the yolk, put the yolk in a cheese cloth, freeze it all, then i guess you add the yolk-cloth-ball into the tank for a little for feeding...........im not sure on that last part as i havnt ever done it before but i guess it makes sense to me.