1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Oscars are cool fish

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by chuisoccer01, Mar 23, 2005.

1. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

Here is an up dated pic of flash. He's doin well. Still eats like crazy.
    [​IMG]

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

nice looking oscar.....how big is it? i have the same background as your aquarium for one of mine :lol:

3. M_wm

M_wm New Member

nice oscar what kind is it?

4. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

it's a tiger oscar that about 6-7 inches. I'm not sure why the tip of it's tail fin went white. do u?

5. tski22

tski22 New Member

I was thinking about getting an oscar for some time. I just dont know though. The 55 gallonw ould be a largwe investment but I really dont know if it would be worth it. Anyone have any opinions. Thanks alot. -tl

6. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

it's a big investment, but oscars are cool fish they have are cool fish. I can feed him out of mind hands. it's just a cool fish.

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

nothing to worry about, many oscars have a white tipped fin

8. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Very cool tiger oscar ive never seen one like it :y_the_best:

9. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i agree with mwn. there is something about the orange spots that resembles a picture or writing of some sort, but i cant quite make it out.

10. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

Yeah that spot is cool. It's the same size on the other side as well. His skin changes color too. Sometimes when hes just swimmin around he'll be all black, but when he wants food and I'm around he gets this light shade of gray that runs from top to bottom. then after hes fed he'll go back to his normal shade of black. It's soo cool. :D

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I know someone with a lutino tiger and if you use your imagination a little you can see a world map on its side.

-Chelle

12. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

heres another pic of him. could he be a cross?

[​IMG]

13. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, fish have some weird things on them...one of my flowerhorns has a heart on it and the number 44.....i cant quite make the connection now, but i know i see something in the orange on the oscar

14. M_wm

M_wm New Member

15. chuisoccer01

chuisoccer01 New Member

Thats soooo stupid. 5G's fo a fish.

16. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Apparently everyone else thought so too. There were no bids on the Oscar.

17. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

LOL. I saw that auction about a month ago. It's nice to know that so far no one's been stupid enough to bid.

-Chelle

18. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Lol i know it doesnt really resemble the number 3 enough IMO. If im paying 5g's for a fish i better be able to not have to use my immagination to see the thing on its sides