1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

oscars & fluffy white stuff

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by big-pig-666, Oct 18, 2005.

1. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

today i woke up and all my oscars have a bit of fluffy white stuff attached to there sides. they arent swiming around much and i think there gunna die if i don't seek help!! can any one please tell me what this is and how to cure it.. FAST?

thanks alot

Jenken

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How big is the tank and what are the readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

Could be columnaris. In which case Maracyn should work, but we need to figure out the root cause.

-Chelle

3. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

If there wasn't an injury where the cottony stuff is growing, it's not a true fungus. True fungus grows on dead/damaged tissue.

Columnaris (which most people call a fungual infection although it's really bacterial) will grow on undamaged tissue. Here's a really great article about columnaris written by a friend of mine.
    http://www.flippersandfins.net/flexibacter.htm

-Chelle

5. big-pig-666

big-pig-666 New Member

the thing is.. there was an injury there, i tried to let my midas and my oscar live together and my oscar was quite beaten up the next morning so i removed the midas..

6. oscar_breeder

oscar_breeder New Member

my beta died overnight

my beta caught that and died ovenight it drowned cuz it got it in its gills

-OSCAR_BREEDER