1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Can you see my Avatar?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by PooGirl13, Aug 19, 2004.

1. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Just curious... I changed it and had some issues but I finally got it to the right size (actually, smaller than the 80x80 size we can have) and for some reason sometimes I just see an "X" when I log on! :cry: Other times I can see it just fine...

Can you see it?

2. Rene

Rene New Member

nope i cant see it :cry: just a red x

3. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Ditto!!! :(

Good luck with the avatar, though! :D

4. nern

nern New Member

It seems that some of the picture hosting websites don't allow you to post the actual pictures on forums. You might have to transfer your picture to another site before it will show up in your avatar.

5. nern

nern New Member

Oops, nevermind. I can see your avatar now. :wink:

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

well, I still can't see it ......? :(

7. pomlover

pomlover New Member

Cute pic. Can see it here.

8. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Isn't this the weirdest thing!?!! I had my avatar linked to Ofoto, but Ofoto resizes my pictures, thus making it to big to use as my avatar.

Sooooo, I set up a Webshots account because I know that's where MyBaby has her avatar linked and sometimes I see it and sometimes I don't! I don't understand why some of you can see it and others can't. :roll:

9. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

PooGirl~

Copy the URL of the thumbnail pic, rather than the regular pic (by regular pic I mean the pic that you get if you click on the thumbnail to see a larger version of the pic)!

I still have my avatar linked to webshots, but I found that it'll only work if I use the URL on the thumbnail only! :y_the_best:

Hope that works for you too! :D

10. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Thanks MyBaby! I'll try that now!!! :D

11. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Okay... I'm afraid that I need a bit more help if you don't mind, MyBaby :?

Here's what I'm doing... When I click on the Webshots icon in my toolbar it bring up a screen that shows 4 tabs at the top (Wallpaper & Screensavers/My Online Photos/Favorite Members/My Computer) and the tab I select is My Online Photos.

From there I can see the 4 photos that I have in the album and I click on the one for my avatar... it shows up in the middle of the page, but it is very little in size (like the size the actual avatar would be), but, I am unable to copy the URL from the thumbnail! When I right click on my mouse, I only have a few options... so, I chose the option that says "view on web" which opens a new window with that picture... and, the picture is still the same small size it was in the previous window. From this "web page" screen, I am able to copy the URL by right clicking on my mouse and that's what I used to link it to Auspet.

Ugh... anyway, those are the exact steps that I'm taking. I hope that makes sense! :D What am I missing here?!

12. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

I couldn't c it at first but when i did the prpperties copy the link and paste thing Now I can c it

13. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:-# Hmmm, for some reason or another, I don't see the same features you are mentioning.

Try these steps and see what if it works:

-Go to www.webshots.com

-Click 'Login' at the top right

-Log yourself in

-Once logged in, look at the top right and click on 'My Account'

-There should be 6 tabs on the screen now, click the 5th tab, 'My Photos'

-Now you should be in an area called, 'My Albums'

-Click on the album in which the pic is (for your avatar)

-Those pic(s) you now see are all thumbnails, right click on the pic you want, and look for 'Properties'

-Copy the URL and come back to your Auspet profile and put the link in your avatar

-Last but not least, cross your fingers in hopes that your pic will show up properly in your avatar...if it does, reach your right hand over your left shoulder and pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself! :wink:

I really hope that made sence and works for ya'! :y_the_best:

:D

(*If all that doesn't work, try using www.photobucket.com - I've been using it for a while now and it works really well, allows you to link pics that you store there to other sites AND it's free! I haven't bothered to put my avatar pic in photobucket only b/c I had the avatar linked to webshots before I found out about photobucket, and since it works at webshots, I'm just going to leave it there!)

14. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I'm going to write to the Olympics Committee and suggest they put "posting avatars" on the schedule for 2008.... All in favorrrr?

15. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

LOL...I'm with ya' on that one!!! :mrgreen:

16. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I can't see it. I have not got to see your pups since they were brought home. How sucky is that.

17. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

No way!!! Seriously?! :cry: I'll have to change that, Puttin! I may make a new album for them on Web shots and I'll let you know when it's ready.. you gotta see my little pumpkins! :mrgreen:

Thank you, MyBaby!!!! I haven't tried it yet, but I will at some point today. I hope it works because it's quite annoying. This really shouldn't be this difficult! :p

18. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Hope the avatar (and my instructions) work for you!!! [-o<

I'll be lookin' for it! :D

19. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

OK.......... I followed your steps.......... so, the question is, can you see it now!?

Want to hear something weird though? When I got into the My Album section I saw the thumbnails on the left, just as said.. well, I right clicked on my avatar and saw that the dimensions were 100 x 83.. well, that's TOO big and I know that I had resized it. Anyway, I then clicked on the thumbnail to make it open up and the dimensions were 79 x 66, which is the size I had originally modified it too! Ugh.. anyway, I copied the URL from that screen (with it opened up) so the dimensions were right..

Talk about ROCKET SCIENCE HERE! ](*,)

20. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

I can see it now!!! Hopefully everyone else can too! I've printed out your instructions, MyBaby and I'm keeping them just in case I ever feel brave enough to change my avatar again! :lol: Thank you much!