1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Our new family member LUCKY the dog

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Blueribbon, Aug 4, 2004.

1. Blueribbon

Blueribbon New Member

Hi my name is Linda and here is how we got our dog LUCKY.

We got Lucky back in Feb of this year. We call her Lucky. Our local dog warden here gives a dog a second chance at life. We have a local pet and supply store here ( Town and Country ) that the dog warden brings the dog too ( that is if it's not claimed or adopted out by him ) for 1 week if no one buys it it is then put to sleep. Well on this particular day ( it was a Friday which was also a pay day ) I went in to get something but I don't remember what but there by the front door is a dog cage and in it was this cute dog. I asked about and the lady told me that to adopt it would cost me ( ready for this ) $5.00 . The litttle dog just looked at me as if to say PLEASE TAKE ME HOME. I immediately went home and asked my future father-in-law if we could get a dog ( I'd asked before and he said NO ) PLEASE. Well I don't know what happened to change his mind but he said as long as it was housebroken OK. I immediately drove back to get her. The minute I walked back in the store her eyes just lite up. I told the lady I'll take her, she went over and open the gate to get her out and she ran from that lady straight into my arms and was licking me all over as if to say THANK YOU. I paid the $5.00 and brought her home. I was told before I left the store that today was her last day there if I hadn't of bought her when I did she would of been put to sleep that very next day. So as you can all see her name fits her to a tee. Here are some pic's that I have of her.

Lucky.
    http://server6.uploadit.org/files/lkpabst-IM000122.JPG

My daughter Rebecca and Lucky.
    http://server6.uploadit.org/files/lkpabst-IM000117.JPG

If you look at my avatar you'll see our outside cat Blackie. Well this pic was taken when Blackie was under our porch stairs sticking her paw out from under those steps. Lucky is very curious.
    http://server6.uploadit.org/files/lkpabst-IM000126.JPG

I hope you like them for I'm not great at taking pictures.

2. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Blueribbon: I just love "Happy Doggie Tales." It's so wonderful when someone will adopt a homeless pet. They really make the nicest pets. Lucky is so darn cute, I might add. Your pictures were very good.

I like the one with your Daughter and Lucky. Looks like they're friends for life.

3. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Wow! What a darling little girl! Sad that no one wanted her! She's got to be part JRT and possibly some Ratt Terrier in her as well.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Lucky is such a cutie!!

5. GinaH

GinaH New Member

:kiss_heart: Lucky is a doll!!

6. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I was thinking border terrier. What a lucky dog she is. Good for you.

7. Blueribbon

Blueribbon New Member

I was told that Lucky is a Wire Haired Terrier mix. I really don't care what she is she's our baby. She very protective of us. She very seldom barks unless she's upset. The first time she barked was when my daughter fell and I was comforting her ( holding her and giving her hugs and kisses ) Lucky got upset that we weren't giving her any attention. She repeatedly kept barking then jump up in my lap and got between me and my daughter then started to give my daughter and me kisses, can we say JEALOUS. If I give anyone a hug or a kiss she's barking and jumping up to get kisses too. If anyone comes over she's curious but if they move to quick she ruffs up her fur and then just sits there and barks and if she don't like a person she'll growl but she won't bite.

8. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

blueribbon- Welcome to the board and Lucky is a peanut!!!! How great that you saved her!

sams- I thought terrier and JRT as well. Great minds think alike! Well, your mind is great anyway!

9. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Yeah, but it seldom thinks!!!

10. honeybears

honeybears New Member

way to go blueribbon! as for the getting in between your for kisses. I think I would nip that in the bud, our dog still does it after 7 years and it is a pain.

good luck with Lucky!!!

11. DogLover

DogLover New Member

What a cutie!!!!

I am really happy for you and Lucky.

12. nern

nern New Member

What a nice story about Lucky. She is adorable.