1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Our spazzy visit to the Vet's

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by sunset05, Nov 8, 2007.

1. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

I took Socks and Mittens for their check-up and shots to the Vet's yesterday.

While the Vet was trying to clip Mittens' nails on her back claws, Mittens decided to go spazz and flailed around while the assistant was holding her on the nape of the neck. My hubby got bit, I got a claw puncture in my hand (which turned black and blue) and the assistant got scratched. Mittens got loose but didn't jump off the table. The vet came out unscaved but didn't continue to clip Mittens' nails.

I felt so bad for everyone and for Mittens. It was upsetting. I think the vet must have hurt her the was she was bending Mittens' leg. We're all okay now.

Socks was a very good kitty. She didn't get her nails clipped, though.

2. vene

vene New Member

I'm so sorry it didn't go too well. Big hugs for you and the kitties. Just keep an eye for possible infections. Do you usually clip their nails?

3. halaroo

halaroo New Member

Sounds like a fun visit. When Moe needs shots, it usually takes three vet techs and the doctor to hold her down, so I know how it feels! I hate taking my cats in.

4. Bente

Bente New Member

Awww, poor Mittens. It's never fun when theese things happen... I'm glad you all are okay now :)

5. sunset05

sunset05 New Member

Thank you everyone for your support.

vene - I don't clip their nails. I'm afraid to. :mrgreen: I'm afraid of getting shredded.

I told the vet not to clip Socks' nails because Socks needs them to get up onto the bed. She's such a chubby little thing that she needs her claws to grab onto the bed while pulling herself up.

halaroo - Sounds like Moe is not a happy camper either when going to the vet's. I guess vets are used to this kind of stuff.

Bente - Is Kyrre still an inside kitty? I'm still keeping Mittens in but feel guilty all the time.