1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Our Trauma Tonite

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Sep 9, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Well, tonite Bailey and I are sitting on the couch and i'm sneaking him pieces of my dinner (just little bites of bread, nothing bad, I SWEAR! LOL)... and then ALL OF A SUDDEN he started freaking out.... at first, I thought he was chewing his arm off! You know how they get when there is something in their fur??? He was rubbing his arm ALL over his face and just going wild!! I checked out his arm and paw, and there was nothing there. Well, then all of a sudden his eye was all goopy and red.... AND REALLY SWOLLEN (the outside, lids)! So, I got a wet washcloth, wiped him down real good, and 10 minutes later it was more worse. His poor right eye was soooo swollen. He kept rubbing up on my as if to say "fix it mommy... it hurts"... he never whelped or anything. When I looked in his eye (from what I could see) there wasn't anything there, just realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly really red and swollen on the inside of his eye. I'm assuming he scratched it bad or obviously, there is something in there.

Well, it just wasn't getting any better and 10 more minutes later, I eventually called the vet. She said he was either bitten by something -- or had something in his eye like the typical foxtail!! EEEK!. She said with the way he was acting (with letting me look at his eye, and rubbing up on me), he probably was having a reaction to a bite. (It's been super dooper hot lately and there are ALL KINDS of bugs out these days). She wasn't able to leave (sick kid at home) to meet us at her office (and I didn't want to drive an HOUR to a stranger vet....if it really didn't seem necessary), so he's on Benadryl (that doesn't seem to affect him one bit!! DAM**#IT! lol) and warm compresses until the morning!! And if it's not better, then he's going to the doctor tomorrow.

Now I was home alone tonite when this happened and called my nephew to come over to help me look at him...... and the minute he came in the door, I broke down HYSTERICALLYYYY crying like a mad woman.. and pretty much freaking out, hyperventilating, the works! . (And ya wonder why I don't have kids! LOL)...

The poor little guy is non-stop blinking, or just looking at you with one eye closed. It's actually sort of cute, but BREAKS MY HEART cuz he doesn't understand!!! :(

anyhow, just had to share my little "trauma"

2. Rene

Rene New Member

oh monster i hope its something that will go away soon like something that just went in his eye. You are so funny i feel the exact same way tonight jasmine and the new babies are in my room humm this didnt really dawn on me till i was ready for bed lets see sebastain cant go in my room cuz the babies everytime i go check on jaz and the babies he cries at the door and i have 2 kittens that usually sleep with me :shock: do i lock every one out and hear him cry all night or do i sleep on the couch but if i do that how am i going to know when jaz has to go potty

sorry i'm nervious

I hope that little cuties eye is ok and i wish i had a vet that i could call like you do they gave me a number to call in case i had babies in the middle of the night of course they can t be bothered GGGGGGrrrrrrrrr

3. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

UPDATE....

Bailey woke up this morning with a MUCH BETTER EYE! :) yeahhhh. It's still pretty pink/red from being irritated and he isn't letting me check it out too much (it must be sore), but it's not goopy or swollen or anything... (((phew))) I think I'll give him one more dose of Benadryl this morning just to make sure....

Rene... so, where did you end of sleeping?? I can imagine the drama trying to figure out where to go....hehe....can't keep 'em all happy, huh?

4. Rene

Rene New Member

thats good news monster i'm glad his eye is ok I ended up sleeping in my room and poor sebastain had to sleep in my moms room and he cried all night i think tonight i'm going to sleep on the couch i have to many animals to please them all

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I was told by a gal that works in a vets office there is an eye wash you can buy over the counter called Collyrium for fresh eyes. I think I found it at riite aide. I loked in a few different places, walgreens pharmacy had no clue what I what talking about. None at Savons either. But its a safe eye wash, good to have around.

6. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Poor Bailey, that must have been terrible!!!!!!! :(

How's his eye doing now?

:D