1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Over run by snails

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by tyler_medeiros, Dec 2, 2006.

1. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Ok so we bought a couple live plants from the LPS and a couple weeks later we noticed we had hunfreds of baby snails around the tank. We had plans for many of them but just of late we added 3 july cories and know there is only 4-5 of the larger snails left.
    I know clown loaches eat snails but would the cories also eat them given they are still quite small.
    Thanks
    Tyler and Amanda

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I've never really heard of cories doing much snail eating. Are there any cichlids in the tank? I know many of them will eat snails.

-Chelle

3. tyler_medeiros

tyler_medeiros New Member

Actually yes we just added two blue rams the day before. We caught them eating them last night.
    Its ok there was over 100 snails that i dont need to deal with know.

Thakns
    Tyler and Amanda