1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ow! what is wrong????!

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by fuzzychubby, Apr 18, 2004.

1. fuzzychubby

fuzzychubby New Member

my russian dwarf hamster chubby just bit me and it hurt real bad! i held my hand in front of her and she took a big snap on my thumb and would not let go! she held on for at least a good 1 minute and finely i had to whip her off me and she let go :shock: . im scared that she might be sick. i think this because she has been bleeding out of her vagina for 7 weeks. at first i thought it was because she was in heat. but im not sure if she is any more. i have another russian dwarf hamster named dizzy and he might have been the problem. he had been in her cage for quite some time until i saw chubby bleeding. then i took him out and he hasn't been in there for a while.
    i need help. some one tell me what is wrong!!! i dont know whats wrong!:0011:

2. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

when i used to breed my hampsters this one mating pair when put together the male would bite the female down there and she bled 4 a while after it happened b/c she would constaly groom herself and pull the scab off....as of why she might have bit u does she normally bite???? if not maybe she is in some sort of pain or discomfort....

but i would take her to the vet to make sure nothing is seriously wrong and to make sure she dosent get infected.....

3. fuzzychubby

fuzzychubby New Member

thank you for your advice. yes chubby bites a lot but never like that! i had to hit her against the cage to get her off :? . my mom will only take my bird to the vet. she says shes not paying $100 or more just to save a $8 pet :?. but im giving her away to a friend of mine :cry: . not at my own will but hey! at lest i have dizzy and my bird!

4. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

when mine used to bite me i would take the other hand and put it near their tail and they woudl always let go i guess b/c that area is very sensitive and they dont like it touched so mabe next time instead if doing what u did try that... as far as the vet most vets will only charge a vet vist ( here its only $20 a vist then whatever extra 4 treatment but if its not serious u only pay the visit...)when the ham goes to ur freind will u still be able to visit it??good luck...

5. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

first off find out what is wrong b4 you do something so drastic! ok, i used to have a rissian dwarf and she did the same thing, there is a simple reason for it. dwarf hamsters are not verry good first time pets, they may be verrrrrrrryyyyy cute but they tend to be very short tempered. mine used to do that allot, it got to the point where i wouldnt hold her and now i regret not tryng to retaim her because she died of a tumor about 5 months ago :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: so try to retaim her, you are showing her you are scared and that will make her bite allot more! see hamsters have a verry strange connection with their owners, thay tend to feel the same and act the same as their owners. i know i mostproberly sound mad right now but i really care about pets. hehe. and as for the blood, it could mean allot of things, animals also get their periods to. are yo trying to breed the two? if so that could be a sign of her being pregnant. but be careful keping the two together, even when not pregnant they will b very aggressive towards the male.....

i hope this helps and please keep me posted. if you need anything about hammys just personal msg me. ill b here :wink:

6. fuzzychubby

fuzzychubby New Member

well.......2 weeks ago, before i left for washington dc, she died :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i m sooooooo darn sad! i hadent saw her scence that day, and i dident think anything of it....untill i smelled something that smelled like PICKELS!!!!!so i checked on her..........................and she was dead. :cry: she looked realy scary...and that image still haunts me.

7. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Sorry for your loss fuzzychubby

8. OneWolvesDream

omgosh, im so sorry. a lost pet is something nobody should go though. but just think im sure it is happy now than ever. do you know how it died?

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

First i'm sorry to hear your loss and secondly probaly the hamster just bit you in a bad mood. When I worked around hamsters its like they have mood swings. Lol! However, it nothing serious!

10. OneWolvesDream

still sad though