1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pam61, about Rusty

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by puttin510, Aug 22, 2004.

1. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

That is him in your avitar right. He looks different. My dog rufus went thru hair changes too. He had shorter hair when about 1 but it grew by the time he was about 2 or so.

2. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

Yes, that's my most current photo of him... And it's really typical of terriers to changed a lot between 1 and 2 yrs.....we have had several terrier mixes in my family over the years, and they have all done that...they grow pysically until around a year, and then their hair changes....they get the whiskers and beards, get coloring changes to their hair tips(if they have a breed like yorkie or silky in them)...and so on. I love the new whiskers, eyebrows and beard Rusty is getting. He's getting a lot of black to his tail also. He's a pretty cute little mutt!

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

He is getting the same type of hair growth that rufus did. Maybe they are both wire haired terrier , well rufus has the mix. He looks great and oh sooooooooooo happy.

4. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I've sort of come to the conclusion that Rusty probably has wire haired dachshund in him, and then some type of terrier, most likely JRT, or something in that area. Here's a picture of a purebred wire haired dachshund--
    [​IMG]

It looks so much like Rus in the face, just a longer body. Mix a small breed JRT with that, and I think you'd have Rusty

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

That is a possiblity. But I definately think JRT. I love his coat color. How is your hunt coming along for a buddy for him?

6. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I'm taking things slow with my idea of maybe getting him a sister...I want to be completely sure I am in the right position to do it before I do. Right now we live in an apartment, and it works out okay with Rusty, even though we don't have our own yard, he gets plenty of walks, and daycare, visit's to family with yards and dogs to play with. The economy is pretty lousy up here, and it's almost impossible to find an affordable house. It's around a quarter million just for "starter" size houses and condo's, believe it or not. But maybe some day we will have a house of our own, and a yard....and for sure then I would have two or three dogs. But right now, I'm just not sure if it would be wise or fair for both Rusty and the new dog. In the mean time, I'm doing everything I can to make sure Rus gets lots of playtime with other dogs, and plenty of exercise.
    Rufus is such a cute guy, too--- I'll take a mixed breed mutt over a purebred any day!

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Oh I hear ya about home prices. Two years ago the house across the street sold for $350,000. They renovated the house and it sold for over $500,000. House prices have gotten rediculously out of reach.

8. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Rusty is so STINKIN! CUTE!!
    Fancy my Pekingese has also gone through coat changes. When she was a baby her coat was very dark then it began to fall out slowly and come in tan and white and now she's mostly just tan with a black mask and dark brown/black coat going down her back. She changed so much that if you look at pictures you wouldnt even know she was the same dog now.