1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered pup?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by KittyTales, May 19, 2006.

1. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

My dog is like the most spoiled dog ever! He is very picky about hs food an demands atttention like every 5 minutes!My mom made meatloaf just for him today I mean how crazy is that my mom loves him so much its not even funny.Anyone elses og so spoiled?

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Its ok to spoil our pets to a certain level but its sounds to me like your mom taking it too far, If one of my dogs demanded attention or demanded anything full stop they were ignored.

Looks like the pup rules the roost at home and this can usually cause problems..

As i always say animals are not born picky eaters they are made, If they don't eat what is put down for them then fine they dont get nothing else because the more times there food is changed because they go off it the more times they will go off there food.

Its great that your mom loves her pup so much but she needs to take control of things before the pup takes control completely and can become a liability to other people, A demanding dog can become a dangerous dog if not put in its place...

That said i have a 1yr old labrador x rottweiler and she used to demand cuddles and attention all the time but she dont get it, Dont get me wrong i made the mistake with her when she was little giving her too much attention so thats my own fault she was the way she was, Now she is brilliant...

I always thought meatloaf was high in fat and calories if thats the case your mom needs to be really careful feeding her pup this...

Mike.....

3. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

:D Yep....definately sounds like a pampered pooch.

Havent had any that are quite that spoiled, I pretty much am about the same as Mike, my dogs get spoiled to a point, some people give me 'that look' when I say that I do allow my dogs on the couch or on my bed (wouldnt do that with a very dominant dog although the pecking order has always been well established in my house).....cooking isnt my thing though, takes me all efforts to cook for myself and its usually pretty basic stuff so theres no chance of my dogs getting any special treatment in that department....they do get things like pork chops, chicken etc if I go mad and actually make some for myself.

Only other thing I will make for them is if they have a bad stomach Ill cook up some rice and boiled chicken. My daughter makes a killer meatloaf but I cant eat much in the way of spices so she used to make a mild one for me and hot, spicey one for herself, you might want to check with your mom that she isnt putting too much spice in there as that can cause a bit of an upset in dogs.

4. KittyTales

KittyTales New Member

No my mom doesnt put spices in the food.The only thing is thou is that when my moms leaves for work or something he becomes the most obedient dog ever!He knows hes not going to be pamperred at all when Im around.He wont demand for anything bark make a mess.He just follows me around waiting to be given orders(Like I tell him sit stay roll over dance laydown high five etc)He listens pretty well.But when my mom comes home he goes nuts!He just has this fast personality shift when my mom comes home.Like one second hes patient and quiet the next hes barking and making a mess going completely crazy from joy!I dont know what to do?He wont listen to me at all when mom comes home and starts cuddling him.Sometimes rarely my mom might yell at him and he listens.Other times shenjust ignores him but she does make really good food for him.