1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Papillon

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by BeagleLover, Sep 19, 2004.

1. BeagleLover

BeagleLover New Member

I dont actually know if its papillon or papillion , but anyway are this breed any good with children??
    Thanx

2. gwen13

gwen13 New Member

Papillon, it's french for butterfly because of their ears =)
    There are a lot of sites that could tell you everything you'd want to know about specific breeds & their temperments more in depth than I could.
    www.dogbreedinfo.com is one of them, but there's numerous others too. Good luck!

[edit] Here is the page for the listing of dogs that are known to be specifically well behaved with children, if you wanted to look at any other breeds as well.
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/children.htm
    Though with toy breeds I'd be more concerned with young children injuring the dog than vice versa really.

3. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

There is a poster on this site too that has two of them, maybe she will speak to you.

4. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

:eek: :eek: Hi I have two Papillon's and did a lot of research before I got them. I think they are wonderful with children, I don't have any children but I have visitors quite often. Both of my dogs are never aggressive towards people at all. Hope this helps. I would recommend the breed anyday. :wink:

5. BeagleLover

BeagleLover New Member

thanx , yeah it helped thanx again . the kids are 14 and 10 anyway so not little toddlers . and are they available in england? ive never seen anybody with one or selling them?

6. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

I would think you could find a breeder around your are. You could ship one too. You have to many other countries at your fingertips.

7. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

I had the same trouble. I live in NY and my Papillon's are from OK. Unfortunatly I had no other choice but to ship them, it worked out great for me, no problems what so ever. I would highly, hightly recommend this breeder. I got two dogs from her and they are wonderful. There really are more breeders in the US that are available, where are you from. If you want to know more info about my breeder, let me know and I can give you her website. :eek: :eek:

P.S. It was worth it though :wink:

8. papillon/mom

papillon/mom New Member

I couldn't wait for you I decided to check her web page out again. You are in luck if you are looking she has some available. Both of my dogs have the same mother & father. I will have to admit I have seen some not so great looking papillon's but her's are nice. Here is a pic of my boys taken a couple weeks ago. LOL.

Here is her website http://www.geocities.com/donnetawilliams/

[​IMG]

9. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

my little dog is half pap (1/4 shih tsu and 1/4 pom), and she absloutely <b>loves</b> kids.

btw, pap mom -- that picture is adorable! :D