1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pea size bump on cat

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by iluvmykittys, Nov 28, 2006.

1. iluvmykittys

iluvmykittys New Member

Hi everyone,
    The other dayI was petting my kitty cat, and I felt a small, Pea Sized bump on her back (under her skin, because when I looked, I couldn't see it- I could only feel it). I pet her all the time...and never felt this before.
    I will be making an Appt with my Vet for sometime this week- probably. Gosh, She hates the car- hates the vet...its really bad trying to bring her.
    But, in the mean time-- Do any of you know what it could be??
    Any ideas??
    She is 4 years old...and weighs a good 14 lbs.
    PLEASE WRITE BACK!! :) THANKS!!!

2. Bente

Bente New Member

Buster, the cat I foster for, has a small bump under his skin too, between his front legs. I don't remember what the vet called it, but it wasn't harmful. And as long as it didn't seem to bother him she didn't want to remove it. I hope it's nothing serious for your cat either, good luck at the vets! :wink:

3. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

I have no helpful info to share, but I just wanted to say that I'm wishing your kitty and you the best. It's probably nothing too serious. Let us know how you make out at the vet!

4. vene

vene New Member

Hopefully it's something benign like a fatty cyst. If it's soft and squishy, it's a good sign that it's a cyst. Hope the vet will give you a peace of mind. :m10:

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Shortly after I got Romeo, he developed a lump (about the size of 1/2 a marble) on his shoulder blade. The vet said it was just a cyst and after a few weeks, it started getting smaller & smaller and eventually went away. A couple months ago, he got another one between his shoulder blades, right where his microchip is, but it's been getting smaller & smaller too (almost gone now).

-Chelle

6. Goldy Cat

Goldy Cat New Member

If it is anything like what my cat had, it was caused from one of her shots.

The vet told me that it had to be biopsied, and that meant they had to cut her skin, a very long cut like 10 inches to lazer the lump out.

It was benign but she had to endure the pain of all those stitches.

Any lumps should be checked by a vet, it could be FAVS, Feline Associated Vaccine Sarcoma, which is what my vet thought it could be and she could have died it this was the diagnosis. Thank got it wasn't that as was benign. $1,000 later, not that money means anything to me regarding my cat's health.

I hope everything works out :D

Goldy Cat

7. Chessmind

Chessmind New Member

Hi. :D The few lumps my cats have had were small abscesses. They were lanced and drained and put on antibiotics. Let us know what the vet says it is. I wish your kitty all the best and hopefully it's nothing serious.