1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Health Care Insurance

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by darkrabbit213, Jun 26, 2006.

1. darkrabbit213

darkrabbit213 New Member

I've been looking up information and plans for veterinary insurance for my cat, but I guess I'm confused about it, it sounds really good, the plan I'm looking into is only $15 a month, and that would be great because it includes everything for emergencies, neutering, shots and checkups, but how do I know if my veterinarian will accept the pet health insurance? Since I got Winks, he hasn't been to the vet, he's 7 months now so he needs to get fixed soon and the insurance covers the neutering procedure completely. I guess I'm a little vague on how insurance really works in general. I won't be 18 for a couple more months so this isn't really something I've ever had to do, I'd be greatful for anyones input!

2. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Its great that your thinking ahead as I know this has come up in animal hospitals. The best thing for you to do would be to ask your vet which insurance they do accept. Some vets work where you have to pay some up front and then they fill in the paperwork so you can claim it back off the insurance, some vets, especially if you are a regular client will work straight through the insurance.
    I know when I worked at the emergency clinic we didnt accept any insurance policies, we used to but we had no way of checking if people came to us with coverage, not all of the insurance companies have a 24 hour hotline and what used to happen is people would show us the paperwork from the insurance company or give us their policy number....and then we would find out that they were 6 months behind on payments so their policy had actually been cancelled. What we did was charge the owner and then fill in the paperwork for them to claim the money back from the insurance, they usually didnt wait very long for it.

This was in California so I dont know if things are different depending on what State your in, but definately check with your vet....or even check with a few local vets to see if there is a company that is popular.....and legitimate. I know that Petco in CA used to do pet insurance.