1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Insurance

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by stravieso, Aug 13, 2004.

1. stravieso

stravieso New Member

I've been doing some research on different pet insurance companies. Any suggestions?

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

savings account earmarked vet money...that's my opinion of course as I'm sure others find pet insurance a good bargain.

Last time I looked into it the premiums for my 4 pets would be approx. $50/month and normally I don't even spend that much at the vets (normally). The surgery my dog had last year in the tune of $1100 wouldn't have been covered cause it was deemed genetic and all of her liver problems this year have been listed as genetic - so I would not only have been paying vet bills but also insurance premiums on an insurance that was useless.

If you do go with a pet insurance be sure to read the fine print as many of them only cover vaccines and routine checkups...but again you get what you pay for - the more costly ones are going to cover more.

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

ditto on what mary said. I had insurance at $70 a month for 2 dogs and one cat.I had VPI, now they dont covery everything. I cancelled and created my own seperate personal savings which I think works better.

honeybear

4. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Also when I was checking this out I called local vets and alot of them do not accept it. I guess too much paperwork for what little they cover. So if you do go with it make sure your vet accepts it.

5. lil96

lil96 New Member

where I live you are required to have pet insurance, it is a pretty big fine if they find out you don'T have it, but it is also for if your dog runs in the street and causes an accident.

6. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

lil that sounds more like a liability insurance probably a rider on your homeowner's policy.

The pet insurance being asked about is to cover vet expenses