1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

picked up some baby flowerhorns...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by grnlemonade, Feb 15, 2005.

1. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

went to a fish store today....the staff isnt trained all to well.........i figured i would look around for FH, but VERY rarely do you find them around by me....i ended up finding 5 FH in a tank with a convict.....i asked the guy how much per fish and he says they are dempsey/mckeniali (spelling?)........he says he will sell them for 5.98 a piece and a saw one or two that seem like they might have some potential, but told him i would come back later.....i go to two other fish stores, dont find anything, then come back to the first place......i ask the price again and he tells me 1.98 a piece (i guess he forgot the prices) so i said i would take all five....man, htis guy was fish-stupid.....the convict i mentioned that was in the tank was gettin harassed by my little flowerhorns (the FH's are 1" with tial, the convict is a full gorwn male)....he says the convict is letting them do that b/c hes the father....wow, not only did i pickup sopme flowerhorns around here, i did so under $1.98 a piece b/c he didnt know that they were really flowerhorns....he also tried to sell silver arrowanna to a guy with a 55 gallon.....until another customer stepped up and told the guy wanting to do the buying the real deal on those fish....the one customer that stepped up also purchased a snakehead at the fish store....the tank once again was unmarked and the employee didnt know what it was, so the guy mentioned pike and got a nice deal on the snakehead....here are 4 pics i jsut took, less then an hour after being in the new tank......kind of dark, but two have pretty nice flowerlines and they all are getting alot of red.....PICS ARE WITH FLASH...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    im growout these little hell-raisers and see their full potential....i wish the pics did justice for the colors....

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

hmm, pics of the fish turned out dark...ill get some new pics in about a week....

3. :o)rosie:o)

:o)rosie:o) New Member

I've never seen FH before but even without colour they look nice.

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

5. :o)rosie:o)

Thanks I'll take a look now:) :y_the_best:

6. :o)rosie:o)

They are beautiful fish! Some really nice markings!

7. :o)rosie:o)

They are cichlids arent they?

8. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yup, hybrids of different SA cichlids.

9. :o)rosie:o)

nice. when you say SA where do you mean?

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

SA=south american
    CA= central american

11. :o)rosie:o)

Sorry I knew what you meant but seeing as im not very familiar with Cichlids I thought FH's may have been from South AFRICA not America. Thanks

12. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, no problem.

13. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Nice pick up. I need to get some dumber LFS people here. I hate how flash kills colors it happens with me to