1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

pictures of venes bed she sent me and update on chris :O

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by lynnhaz, Jan 12, 2005.

1. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

hi everybody!!! =P~ just wanted to give a heads up on the pics....

go to....http://www.auspet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8233

:m19: okay...they other thing is....

i took chris in for his first check with dr. grant. he had seen the RESCUE vet for a check, and had two fecals that came out clean....but he is the one that they thought he had "ibd" at the humane society...

and he has always had blood in his stool....and softish stools at times...

welll...guess what folks??? :-&

GIARDIA :shock:

what the heck is goin on around here?? my house is immaculate...and i keep my kitty pans very very clean...and max has clostridium, and chris has giardia. maybe its a bengal thing.... :-# well....the story goes like this. i was in with dr. grant trying to explain his stools...and dr. grant is going "well, lynn...blood in the stool is a sign of ibd, though...and we were discussing medication/no medication....then...all of a sudden...

[-X

bad kitty.... :roll:

chris went poopie (HUGE TOO :shock: ) on the cat tree!!! lols.... :0011:

dr. grant took it to the back, and looked at it under a microscope...loaded with giardia. he was so excited for his assitants to see "the real thing" because it dies so fast if it does not have moisture...

there you have it....all three cats are now on antibiotics, and i am back to wiping and cleaning.

(for those of you who dont know...max had giardia at three months before his clostridium... :m3: )

i will keep you all updated :m10:

2. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

(i cant get the link to go through....on "vene has a heart of gold")

:0011:

3. lucidity03

lucidity03 New Member

Well, I guess it's good that you finally know what it is.

But, not to sound stupid, but I don't recall what giardia is....

Anyhow, I hope your household is on its way to recovery!

4. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

its a parasite.... :shock: :roll: and is found in different things. like when you go to mexico...you will get girardia by drinking their water. aka "montezuma's revenge" :?

very difficult sometimes to get rid of...cats reinfect themselves, by licking their paws and (you know whats) after going potty...the parasite deposits cysts...which can live for a long time...in carpet, but mostly in moist areas...thats why disinfecting is really crucial to get rid of it....

5. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Oh yeah! Giardia is a cute little guy under the scope--but not if it's from someone or something you know---LOL! And I don't know about in kitties, but in people, clostridium is present in folks that have been on antibiotics and have wiped out the normal flora. Kinda sounds like a vicious cycle if you ask me. But I also thought giardia was treated with flagyl--in people. Not really an antibiotic.
    Man, it DOES sound like a pain to get rid of! I worked with an older lady that went through the same thing as Chris and they finally discovered she had giardia. Never been out of the country but had recently moved to the city and her water tested positive for it too! Good Luck and here's wishing all of your furbabies a speedy recovery.

6. nern

nern New Member

Wow, I'm sorry lynn....at least they are in good hands. :wink:

7. Bente

Bente New Member

Aww, I'm so sorry for you and your boys Lynn :| At least you've had some training in this before :wink:

8. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

thank you everybody for your kind words and thoughts. its a BIG PAIN in the hmm hmm hmm hmm.... :shock:

mikey is NOT a good pill taker. i think we lost his pill tonight, when i tried to get it down his throat. i think it flew somewhere...chris is VERY good, thank goodness. id rather have mikey, who has no symptoms...fuss with the pill than chris.

just a hassle....cleaning the pans...disinfecting daily. wiping their paws and butts when they get out of the box.... :roll: but...it could be worse.

oh! by the way...flagyl IS metronidazole...isnt it an antibiotic??

9. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Oh! Flagyl IS an antibiotic!! My bad! :oops: I guess I was thinking that it was just an anti-parasitic drug and wouldn't wipe out the normal flora. I hope your babies are getting better!

10. lynnhaz

lynnhaz New Member

no problem whatsoever....i just thank you for the support and kind thoughts... :D :wink: