1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Pirahnas?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Heather&Nicole, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

Who here has pirahnas? Pics? What do u feed them?

I knew someone who fed their pirahnas baby mice..it was sad :(

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

i used to ahve 3 RBP's, i dont have any pics of them, but i usaully fed them flake food and some frozen beef-heart.

3. stefan

stefan New Member

I have piranhna's they eat a lot of foods. Al kinds of meat,big insects, fish (alive and frozen)Al kinds of Worms,alegea tablets and normal feedig tabletsand flakes.Also dog-snacks -food and catfood.

They are very cool fish i;m in love with them already.

4. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

im getting piranhas.

5. Heather&Nicole

I was thinkin about getting them but then i couldnt have any pretty fish like gouramis or cichlids :(

They are so wierd lookin, im kinda scared of them though cuz of that movie from back in the day "PIRAHNA"

6. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, let me tell you Red-bellies are nothing like that movie...i found whenver i walked into the room with them they would hide. thats why i got rid of them and now how flowerhorn and african cichlids

7. Heather&Nicole

ah ok thanks :)

Anyone have really agressive pirahnas?

8. tmwhite

tmwhite New Member

redbellies

i have 6 hand sized red belly piranhas in a 125 gallon. they eat about $10-$15 in goldfish every week. they require mass filtration, and weekly vacuuming of the tank. they are extremely skittish and wholly unexciting. watching them eat is kind of boring- it happens real quick. these are incredibly expensive fish to sustain, and require LOTS of time.

9. needlefish1

needlefish1 New Member

piranhas dont really live up to there name

10. fishaddict

fishaddict New Member

I have 2 RB piranha and though I agree with whomever said they are not like the movie, they are still aggressive, especially when it comes to feeding time. I tend to feed them fish of different types and flake food and am going to try some frozen foods soon. I decided to go with them in lieu of a salt water tank due to financial reasons, but ironically, as stated in this message board, they are expensive if compared to other freshwater fish. Food alone costs 10-20 US dollars a month and then there is their destruction of plants, etc. Still, I love these fish...they are like the misunderstood of the fish world and often abused (I don't know how much feeding a piranha a mouse, etc. simulates their natural lives---I think it is just cruel and not to mention can harm your piranha as well) Anyway, they are really interesting fish and though they APPEAR timid when you come in the room, they are far from docile (if confronted, they can definately bite) so if you are interested and will actually take care of them, I think they are great pets!