1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

piranha tank

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by cmsfishy, Sep 18, 2004.

1. cmsfishy

cmsfishy New Member

I have two piranha, thinking of getting two more in a fourtyfive gallon tank. the only other fish i have in there would be an algae eater and a tiretrack eel. How much light should i expose to the fish, and is my tank too small for that many red bellies. They are about two inches each. Lately i have been feeding them bloodworm cubes and a feeder goldfish. Also how often should i feed them and are there any times of the day that would be best for a meal (i.e. night time with no light or morning).

2. raclarke

raclarke New Member

Buy a red belly pirhana

I need to know were to buy some red belly pirhanas online. please email me at clarkearyan@hotmail.com Thank you!!

3. Nameless

Nameless New Member

4. Nameless

Nameless New Member

5. Fishkin

Fishkin New Member

Well to answer the question yes your tank is too small for the red bellies (when they are mid to adult age) for now they are fine. I would change to a 75 when they get 5/6 inches. Feed them about 2 times a day no set time just whenever you want to, and when they are 5/6 inches plus feed them once a day and bigger meal (i.e. each gets 1 or 2 larger sized goldfish/minnows or feed them bigger shrimp). Piranhas DO NOT like light since there eyes cannot control the ammount that enters so when you turn the light on all of a sudden after it has been dark for 30 min. plus they go crazy skittish since it is like looking at the sun to them and they cannot block it with eyelids.

6. cmsfishy

cmsfishy New Member

piranha

so the red bellies are about 2 inches now, and i do have plans to upgrade bigger than my 40 gallon tanks, i ended up getting the other 2 piranhas into my friends 40 gallon. How long till the reach 6 inches if i put in a dozen feeder guppies everyday?

7. fishyfriendly;)

fishyfriendly;) New Member

aquascapeonline.com

dont get two more thats too crowded.

8. fishyfriendly;)

fishyfriendly;) New Member

IMO piranha grow rlly fast with big water changes