1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

pit bull w/ underbite

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by once_jaded, Jan 31, 2005.

1. once_jaded

once_jaded New Member

A friend of mine gave me a pit, mojo, he is fullblood, but is a product of byb. he has an underbite. I know the ppl who own the mother and father of my pup. the do notown any american bulldogs or any boston terriers, and the rest of my pups litter mates turned out fine. could I have just got the pup that just got all the bad genes? . he is a very sweet and beautiful pup, but i know that when he gets older I am goin to be arguing w/ ppl about him not being an AB. He's got perfect stance, and bone structure other than his lower jaw. I'll try and post pics soon so you can tell me what you think about my Mojo.

2. lukiebo

lukiebo New Member

My Pit, Bo has an underbite also. :( His lower jaw does not match up with the top, it is undershot. The vet said that it is a common trait that is being carried by breeders who are trying to breed the larger heads. Which both the parents of Bo are on the bigger side. :? Bo is a purebred and we got his pedigree. We did have him neutered as this is not a trait that a responsible breeder would not want to carry on. There were 12 pups in the litter, 5 stayed in Tennessee with the Breeder and 7 came to Ohio with the female. The sire is in Tennessee and the Dam is in Ohio. She came from the breeder in Tennessee. Anyway, it doesn't matter to me as he is our family dog and will hopefully be a Therapy Dog, the bite doesn't matter. It makes him look even cuter!!! The vet also said that it will not have any bad effects on him in anyway.

3. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Why would people question his purity or call him an AB? Only if he resembles one, but if he looks pure and probably is I wouldn't waste my time arguing with them. It can take all day and they still won't believe you. You did get the cull, but thats fine if you just want a pet, it shouldn't really matter. I have a female who has a slight underbite, tail is a bit too short, but that doesn't make her any less of a great pet and companion. No one is going to open her mouth and check her bite anyway, they just see the cute friendly dog who's a Pittie.

4. once_jaded

once_jaded New Member

5. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

He's so cute

6. Killerbee2

Killerbee2 New Member

well, all my pit bulls(i had 2) had under bites...I Think its a normal thing! 8)