1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

pit bulls

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by cj mejia, Apr 17, 2004.

1. cj mejia

cj mejia New Member

Hi, My name is Cj and I am new to this site. I am in the middle of an awful situation and would loves some input. First of all I have 4 pit's, Dustee, Diesal, Boxer and Crash. The first 3 were recentely accused of being vicious!! I am at fault for them being at large for approx. 2 mins. although I know for a fact that they did not attack nor bite anyone at all. I have a neighbor who is campaigning to have the 3 put to sleep. My dogs have been impounded and are on death row for something they did not do. I have already went to a administrative hearing and I am currently waiting to see what happens next. The people in my neighborhood are stereo-typing and believing that the breed is vicious. I have had them tested and they pasted with flying colors. I will try to send pictures over the weekend. I would truly appreciate any input one may have.

2. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

How did they get there? Picked up when at large? Thats fine but they don't have the right to put them down. Who did they supposedly attack? The neighbor wanting them put down? Can he show bite marks and doctor reports? Without prove that the dogs are vicious and have attacked there is nothing they can do. They can't put the dog down with this. You might need to get a lawyer if they are going to try and screw you.

3. JJ Luchiano

JJ Luchiano New Member

Yeah, like above stated unless your pits attacked another animal or individual with proof then they can't touch you or your pits.

4. cj mejia

cj mejia New Member

Unfortunately in my county they did come and pick up the dogs and are still holding them in quatrantine until a decission is made from the hearing I had to go to on behalf of my babies to prove there innocence. the hearing was a joke the lady could not even state the color of the dog that supposively attacked her and made a cut on her butt, although she never sought medical attention- she said it would be to embarrassing to show her bottom to the doctor, nor did she report it to SPCA only my homeowners insurance and in court. It's a big mess, my dogs now have ticks and kennel cough!! and I owe close to $500.00 for kennel fees for quarantine.

5. ZenasMom

ZenasMom New Member

That is TERRIBLE!!! I hope you can get everything resolved!!! Good Luck!!!

6. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

Seems to me that if you and your dogs are found innocent, you should be able to counter-sue this woman for the kennel fees. Since they wouldn't have been there if not for her bogus claims. I wish you the best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.

7. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

That's why I make sure my pits are properly vaccinated and licensed with the county. If a neighbor or someome came forward and said my Pits injured them, then they wouldn't have to go through the quarentine. I make sure my dogs are very secured and very careful around people I don't really know. It's sad to say, but these dog are a magnet to "Sue Crazy" people and lawyers. That's why insurance companies are denying coverage to people with certain breeds.

8. Sook

Sook New Member

Call me somewhat native... but i'd be taking the law into my own hands to be frank, that so sucks man, if my dog was in that situation, i'd be breaking and entering... thats for sure... specially if its a bullsh!t reason for holding the dogs...

Just another thing about stereo-typing about pitbulls, its utterly wrong..

"Sociaty is a pre-programmed race, we have yet to prove otherwise with iindividualism aside"