1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Plant Food?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by saffy, Jun 26, 2004.

1. saffy

saffy New Member

Is eating plants,grass,trees vegetation in general harmful for dogs?
    This Saffy just after trashing her Dads garden.
    [​IMG]

2. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

It depends on what kind of plants their eating..... and I'm no expert on plants. But I know that any dog I've had will graze on grass a bit at times. But there are some plants that are highly poisonous. If she tends to eat on pretty much everything you have around, I would definetly do some research on the plants in your yard, and whether they can be poisonous or not.
    That Saffy is a cutie!! Is she purebred or mix? She's a little doll :lol: :mrgreen:

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Let me see. My dog Grace chewed and killed 2 palm trees, a brazilean pepper tree, an orchid tree, 10 ft of cat claw vines along a wall, 3 bushes, a 6 yrs old fern plant. That's only what's coming to mind right now. I know there's more. It was dangerous to her health because my Husband was going to kill her. But then she turns on the charm and all's forgiven.

There are a few poisonous plants out there. All philodendrons are poisonous. There's quite a few varieties. I don't know where you live, but in the Southwest oleanders are everywhere. They're poisonous.

When you go to replant, ask someone in a nursery what is and isn't poisonous. You can get info on the internet, too. I look everything up before I plant in and outside the house.

By the way, your pup is adorable!!! I bet she was forgiven, too. :D

4. honeybears

honeybears New Member

"It was dangerous to her health because my Husband was going to kill her. "

that is too funny :D
    on the serious side you do have to very careful with the lily family. they are very poisinous.
    so if they have day lilies be creful

honeybear

5. saffy

saffy New Member

Saffy is purebred english cocker spaniel.How did you guess that she would be forgiven, god forbid if any of the rest of us harmed his pride and joy :roll:

6. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Saffy is so cute! If you are really concerned there is a animal poison control online you can look up what plants you own to make sure they are not harmfull. I find it using a google search.

7. nern

nern New Member

8. saffy

saffy New Member

plant food

Nern, thanks very much for pointing out that website it's very useful for all sorts of things, it's also made me think about getting Saffy spayed sooner rather than later, she was always going to get it done.she seems too small to put her through it just now but that site seems to suggest the sooner the better. :?
    Shirley.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Nala was spayed at about 12-14 weeks and did great. I don't think she noticed that anything had been done. :)

Jamiya