1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please EVERYONE WRITE TO THE EDITOR AGAINST THIS MORO.....

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by MyPetTherapyDog, Jan 14, 2005.

1. MyPetTherapyDog

MyPetTherapyDog New Member

Ban the pit bull

01:00 AM EST on Thursday, January 13, 2005

What is it going to take? Plainly, there has accumulated more than enough evidence to ban and exterminate the pit-bull dog breed, a breed worse than worthless. Pit bulls have no redeeming value and only serve to continually inflict serious injury and mayhem upon various victims, including children.

They are the equivalent of a good-sized bomb running around on four legs, and their owners and fans are almost as worthless.

It seems eminently incumbent upon the legal authorities at the local, state and federal levels to ban this breed of dog immediately, and to take vigorous steps to exterminate them on sight.

Possession of such animals should be placed in the same category as possession of sawed-off shotguns and moonshine stills.

Finally, all owners of such exceptionally vicious and dangerous animals must be prosecuted and jailed under a new law that is decidedly overdue, and their property seized, to pay any and all damages.

Both the legal community at all levels and society at large have the duty to enact the strictest of sanctions immediately.

GERALD F. CHASE

Attleboro

Apparently he is a clueless narrow minded fool.
    We all need to write letters to the editor and make him look like the fool that he is!!!!
    Please help out the breed!!
    We get enough negative publicity from the media!!
    Write to the Providence Journal Letter to the EDITOR
    Rhode Island.
    Thanks love the GRACIOUS pit bulls
    E-mail send in address to the newspaper below!!!

letters@projo.com.

2. kate

kate New Member

i sent one

3. MyPetTherapyDog

I'm still too angry. When these things are written, I need a day or two to chill before it comes out the wrong way filled with anger.
    Thank you so much!

4. keceip1

keceip1 New Member

This guy is definitly a very ignorant man who must of had a bad experience or something. I mean how is he going to say that they and everyone who owns them are worthless. I had to respond to that. Thanks for posting so everyone can reply

5. Angie

Angie New Member

6. someday

someday New Member

I've gotta wait till the weekend to write this one...this can't be serious...well, i guess it could, but it makes me sad that there are people out there like this. He probably thinks all people with tattoos do cocaine too...

7. mattbone

mattbone New Member

heres my letter

Mr. Chase obviously has no clue as to the nature of the animal of which he speaks nor the loving owners which support them. If he thinks baseless unfounded rumors and conjecture are enough to enact such a cruel and despicable measure then perhaps he would feel more at home in Germany circa world war II . Uninformed persecution and prejudice of anyone or anything is an unforgivable crime and I am glad not to personally know someone capable of such intolerant statements. In an argument based on facts and observation chase and those like him have no leg to stand on which is why they are forced to make such outlandish proclamations in an attempt to further their own misguided agendas. I detest those who forsake reasonable debate for amplified hyperbole and will always accept any challenge that may be issued from their ilk. In addition those who would support Mr.. chase in his ridiculous rants are sorely misinformed if they think that we owners would lie down while they suggest such measures...we, like are four-legged friends are indominatable and tenacious to the end.
    Matthew J McDonald IV
    mobile, al

8. MyPetTherapyDog

Wow Matt, That is GREAT!
    Thanks EVERYONE KEEP THEM COMING!

9. MyPetTherapyDog

How AWSOME!!
    Again THANKS EVERYONE!!!
    It will be interesting to see just how many of these letters get published.
    I received an e-mail this morning from an animal advocate friend of mine. She wrote:
    " Sue you have to include your name, address and phone number, incase they want to reach you. They only print your town and state, not the other personal info".

So, I resent my letter with my name address and phone number TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE NO EXCUSES NOT TO PUBLISH it. I highly suggest that everyone else does the same thing.
    I also called the Providence Journal and told them just how one sided Mr. Chase's letter is. Here is the number of the journal if anyone is interested- 1- 401-277-7000 Ask for the editorial department. X8024. Of course, NO ONE RETURNED MY PHONE CALL~ Surpirsing ha???

10. someday

someday New Member

ok..i got one sent now that i'm cool enough to write it rationally...and with all my info!

To the editor:
    I was extremely alarmed to read Mr. Chase's letter about the banning of pit bulls. His letter appeared to be fueled by fear and lack of relevant knowledge. I take personal offence to attacks on pit bulls and their owners as I am lucky to have a wonderful pit bull named Annie as part of my family. Neither pit bulls nor their owners are in any way worthless. Pit bulls as a whole have proven their stability and good canine citizenry by becoming Search & Rescue dogs, Therapy dogs working inside hospitals, professional Herding dogs and family companions for years. When the space shuttle Columbia sadly disintegrated on it's return to earth, Kristine Crawford and her pit bull Dakota were among the elite search and rescue team called by NASA that identified remains. Pit bull owners come from all backgrounds and walks of life. I am a horse trainer and riding instructor and my fiance is a registered nurse working in dialysis. I find it hard to believe we are worthless members of society as Mr. Chase would claim. The only resemblance of bomb destrcution that our dog has produced is a large hole in the couch in which she and the cat cuddle together. If Mr. Chase were truely concerned with the safety of society, he would find in his research that breed specific legislation has been tried and failed. A five year study published in the Cincinnati Law Review in 1982, vol. 53, pg 1077, which specifically considered both Rottweilers and "pit bulls", concluded in part that:

"..statistics did not support the assertion that any one breed was dangerous, ..when legislation is focused on the type of dog it fails, because it is ... unenforceable, confusing, and costly. .. focusing legislation on dogs that are "vicious" distracts attention from the real problem, which is irresponsible owners."

A solution to the problem that and responsible dog owner, pit bull or not would agree to is a good non-breed specific dangerous dog law which would have strict and deterring punishment for those who have dangerous and uncontrolled dogs, regardless of breed. I urge Mr. Chase to do some more research before calling for such drastic actions.

Katie Droske

11. MyPetTherapyDog

:eek:
    I knew people on this board would be a huge asset!!!
    Again, Many Thanks!
    Sue

12. MyPetTherapyDog

addendum to pit bull lovers please feel free to call

Anyone wishing to actually call the Journal Bulletin and voice a complaint you can call at 1-401-277-7000 X8024 I already called X2 with no response Funny Ha?????