1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP!!! deals with budgies! HELP!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by xgacktx, Jun 3, 2006.

1. xgacktx

xgacktx New Member

i've decided to get one or two budgies ^_^ but need these questions answered before i can get them. i was wondering if i had a cage that was really tall but not very wide if that would be ok or if i have to have a cage with a large base? :? i read somewhere that it's a bad idea to do that. if i did do that how big would it have to be? i have lots of room..it's just all up in down, not much room for a big base. but even though the bird(s) won't have alot of room to fly in big circles in the cage they would have lots of room up and down. please tell me if this would be sufficant enough for a bird.

also if i do get one or two birds should i clip their wings? what is the point of clipping a birds wings except to keep it from flying?

please help!

should i get two birds @ the same time? i'm still in school and after my summer break is over i'm back in school which means less time for the bird(s). should i start out with one or two? which would be better for my situation? (i've never owned a bird but have had experience with them growing up.)

Thankz to everyone who helpz! ^_^

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Budgies love the company of others, So if you are going to get 2 then its best if they are the same age.

A tall cage is designed for a single cockatiel or parrot not small birds as they fly around the cage more so need the room...

Clipping there wings will make training them alot easier and make catching them when out of the cage easier too as they will not be able to reach the heights they would if they were fully flighted...

Aslong as there is some background noise like a tv or radio on then the birds will be very happy, and there food and water dishes are full before you leave each day...

Mike

3. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

You should get a cage with a wide base and a tall cover thingy. Good luck!!!!!!!!! :) :D :wink: :eek: :y_the_best: :mrgreen: