1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me with my goldfish problem

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Nozomi Michi, Jun 21, 2004.

?

Is this normal?

1. Yes it is for a new goldfish.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, he is going to die.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Get help fast!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Nozomi Michi

Nozomi Michi New Member

Ok, well on Saterday I got like a Red Telescope Goldfish. I have a 10 gallon tank with 3 other golfish. BUt he is just between the plant and the front of the tank. He is not swimming or eatting the food I feed him :cry: ! I just dont know what to do. :(

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

this is common for fish with stress

3. Nozomi Michi

Nozomi Michi New Member

But what is the cause of the stress? It was my moms idea to get it.

4. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

it can be caused by a fish not being comfortable in its surroundings. like maybe to many people looking at it. wait...

how long did you let the water filter?
    how long have you had the fish?
    size of tank/bowl?
    fish included in the tank/bowl?

5. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

just to let you know most goldfish grow very big and should not be kept in a 10 gallon like a telescope gold fish will grow to be 8 inches and should not be kept in anything but a 30 gal aquarium sooo i would get a bigger tank if you have 4 goldfish in the little 10 gal i would sugest gett 75 gal at least here is a link to show you a little bit more about your new goldfish http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod ... CatId=1105
    sorry to be the bringer of bad news

6. bloodpain

bloodpain New Member

Perhaps it is too cramped or there are too many human traffic around. Or it may just getting used to it to its new home.

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

That's a lot of fish for a 10 gallon tank (like Fish Addict said, you really need at least 75 gallons them) so it's highly likely he's suffering from poor water quality.

-Chelle