1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help! Puppy fighting his collar

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by terrisbichon, Jan 24, 2008.

1. terrisbichon

terrisbichon New Member

My 10 week old bichon puppy goes ballistic when I try to put a collar on him! These collars are soft nylon ones, not too tight or too loose. Ihave tried different collars but to no avail. He will just sit on the floor not moving and whine and cry. I cannopt get him to even walk over to me. He also has rolled, rubbed his head & neck on the floor trying to get the collar off. I have raised many other dogs but have never encountered a problem like this. Would appreciate any help anyone can give me!

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi personally i would associate the collar with something good, When placing the collar on try giving him a treat and see how he does.
    I would not remove the collar as he has to get used to wearing one, try to distract him with a ball or his favourite treat or toy and he should eventually calm down if that fails then its a case of ignore him until he settles, If you goto him and remove the collar when he acts out he will quickly learn to get what he wants is to use this behaviour in his favour...

Someone else maybe able to give you more advice but thats what i did with my pups....

Mike

3. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

That is exactly what I did with both my dog and my now 11 month cat. Both of them hated their collars and threw fits and Harley (cat) would literally flip over and screamed. I just let them throw them and distracted them with toys and treats they eventually got used to them.. Then I added a ID tag OMG you thought the world came to an end again.... but that too got better.

4. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Excellent advice mike, I was going to say just that. :eek: :D