1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please help with names.......

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by pomlover, Feb 28, 2006.

1. pomlover

pomlover New Member

We just got 2 breeding pairs of Cockatiels given to us tonight and we need help with naming them. I guess these birds came from a rescue group and the people just didn't have time for them so they gave them to us. I hope that this was a good decision on our part. UGH!! All four are very defensive so I have my hands full. I have one other Cockatiel already that was very grumpy when we got him from rescue and he is SO much better after time so I am hoping these will be fine in time too, but I know I have my hands full. I have been bit several times but those sharp little beaks they have. I was told they are a both mated pairs and have had clutches but the babies all died. Would that be because they didn't have a nest box??

Anyway, both females are white and both males are gray. My girls LOVE Star Wars so one set is Luke and Leia but we just can't think of names for the other set. (I would prefer to stay away from "show" type names if I can.) My other bird came with a name when we got him so it was easy. LOL. He is Bart. I believe after Bart Simpson, but I am not certain. Anyone have any ideas?? Thanks!

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Cockatiels are great birds i own them, I agree the reason there chicks may have died could be due to no nest box or the parents ay have just abandoned them which they would do if the adults were not looked after properly or there was something wrong with the chicks.

If you do not want them to breed you can do what i do if its possible for you put the males together in one cage and the females together in another but place them side by side so that they can see each other.

A birds only defensive is there beak and will use this to hurt anything they view as a threat.

With time an patience they will become very loving birds that will sing to you when they see you...

I use gardening gloves to catch and hold the over aggressive birds so maybe you could try this.

As for names,
    Mine are called
    Max
    Merlin
    Meeko
    Pikachu,
    Sonny and Cher
    Snowy
    Frosty
    Darkstar

Thats just a few names you could choose.
    I had the same problem naming my tiels.

Mike

3. Zeppy`s mom

Zeppy`s mom New Member

If you get a boy, name it Scooter.If it is a girl name it Kamlyn. :wink: :y_the_best: :m21: :cool_dance: :m23: