1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE help!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by lilest Budgie, May 5, 2004.

1. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

I have a boy budgie, Angel (we thought it was a girl) and I got him because I wanted a friend. I've had him for 2 months and he will get on my finger and arm, if I have spray millet. At first I thought he liked me but when I stopped (didn't want him to be obese) he imediatly started biting me HARD. He is not sick. I take care of him and I try soooo hard I even make my own toys for him and buy some. But he hates me and I don't want a bird that just bites me and won't ever sit on my shoulder and be my friend. :cry: I'm getting a little fusterated. I just want a nice little bird, any help with making him nice is greatly appriciated.

Thanks.. :(

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Are his wings clipped?

When I first got Kiwi he would always bite my fingers and then fly away. I found that after he had his wings clipped he didn't bite anymore when he would sit on my finger.

3. lilest Budgie

lilest Budgie New Member

Yup

Yes his wings where cliped at the shop, I've tried everything..

4. scootergirl

scootergirl New Member

I completely understand your frustration. One suggestion that I have made before to others which has worked for me is when your budgie is out of the cage and you want him to get use to you holding him, try placing him on a wooden dowel that you can hold and he can perch on. I have a four year old that wants to hold the birds so bad, but they are skiddish around him. So we use the dowel method and he sings to them. LOL.....eventually they got use to him (and us) and allowed us to place our finger near them to perch on.

Hope this helps some. Just remember, it takes time. Good luck

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

The wooden dowel method is good too. Sometimes new birds (if they haven't been handeled before) are a little skittish about hands and fingers but are comfortable with wooden dowels because they simulate the perch in their cage.