1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

please help!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Jul 4, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i really need a new filter for my tank because the filter that came with the tank is backing up to the point that there are 4 little streams of water coming out about this size | | four of those its not even a waterfall anymore. My dad wont lissen to me. he said the next filter i get must an underground filter. i cant really want one because i already have fish and all in there and my only open tank i could move them into is my 5 gal hospital tank and that is to small for somany fish! i want the Marineland Penguin Bio-Wheel power filter 330 so bad and it is even on sale for $23!!! what do i do? im broke and my dad is the one with the money for the filter, please help!

2. tina1

tina1 New Member

Is there any specific reason your dad thinks you need an undergravel filter? If the filter you want is on sale for $23 I doubt undergravel filters are really much cheaper so there must be some other reason. Offer to work off the cost of the filter that you want by doing chores around the house like washing the car, doing dishes, windows, vaccuuming, sweeping etc. And actually do them too. If you don't have any sort of allowance that is. If you do get an allowance I would just horde that up until you can get the Penguin. $23 isn't really that much money to save up.

Just some suggestions.

3. OneWolvesDream

i dont get an allowance and already i HAVE to do those chores.

4. tina1

tina1 New Member

Ok, in that case Plan B:

Ask mom! Seriously, I've always found my mom much more receptive to my requests for almost anything including fishy stuff. So if you have a mom around give it a try.

5. papastew

papastew New Member

Do you have the filters in properly? Do you rinse out the mesh filter to keep it clean of large debris often? How often are you changing your biobag or whatever type? Is the flow valve open all of the way on the filter?

6. OneWolvesDream

yeah i have everything set in my filter. i even changed the cartradge. (cant spell) and everything is right!! i talked to my mom and my mom said that i should just lissen to my dad.

7. caj1968

caj1968 New Member

I would suggest that you do partial water changes everyday until you can come up with a solution. As for getting money... Do you have grandparents that live very close? Or you can keep dinging your parents until one of them gives in oryou can give in and get the UGF. Fish seem to be pretty tough cookies . At least, that is my experience with them. :wink:

Good Luck, caj1968

8. OneWolvesDream

lol. i wish i could go to other family but they live far far far away asin accross the world. lol.

9. OneWolvesDream

lol. i wish i could go to other family but they live far far far away asin accross the world. lol.

10. papastew

papastew New Member

What about possibly exchanging the filter with the shop you bought it from? They probably won't do anything for you without a receipt, but it might be worth a try. You'll never know! They might be willing to help.