1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

please please help i dont know what to do

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by erin, Feb 9, 2005.

1. erin

erin New Member

we cant take him back she had him for a while already and he looks sick
    hook worm ohh no :?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

ummmm what? we need some more information in order to understand whats going on :y_the_best:

3. erin

erin New Member

sorry this was from my post about my next door neighbor gave me her fish he has hook worms every where .

4. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

oh, alrite.....hook-worms, im not that familiar with it.....did you look it up online for any medications?

5. erin

erin New Member

I have tried but I dont want to hurt the lil guy , he looks like his skin is falling off :(

6. kc5gvn

kc5gvn New Member

Hi erin, I think you may have hookworms confused with anchor worms. It is most likely that your fish has anchor worms. Your fish should be quarentined to keep the anchor worms from spreading to other fish. The anchor worms will need to be removed by hand. Here is a link listed below that will give you some additional information on meds to treat the tank to prevent anchor worm eggs from hatching.

http://www.goldfishvet.com/faqs/anchorwormsandsalt.html

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

The worms are attached to its body, right? Not coming out of the anus?

If they're actually attached to the body, then it's likely anchor worm.

One way to treat it is to gently hold the fish and pull the worms off using tweezers, then dab where it was attached with an antibiotic on a q-tip (to prevent infection). The other method is to use a medication to kill the worms. I've found that several sites recommend something called Dimilin (you should be able to find it a place that carries pond supplies or your LFS).

-Chelle

8. erin

erin New Member

well he has some comming out of his anus too. it looks like his flesh is rottin too . it was my neighbors and she was all freaked out so she gave it to me. He is still eating a lil bit , I pullrd the worms out yesterday and he now has more . is it possible to remove them all and can he be cured?

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Can you post any pictures?

Are you sure it's worms coming out of his anus and not just feces? What color is it?

What are your readings for ammoina, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle