1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Please pray for Faith!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. So Faith is going to have her FINAL surgery this next Friday on the 4th of April. She'll be having her rod, plates and wires removed from her broken leg.... ugh... Then we start 6 weeks of rehab therapy to build up the strength in the muscles and bone. Then she should be back to her usual running, bouncing endless energy self!!!

I swear, its like children. I hate to have her have to be in pain and suffer again... wonder if she'll try climbing that kennel again??? Hmm probably not!!!

[​IMG]

2. doggie

doggie New Member

Prayer is my best work!

I'm always ready to join in prayer. You dog is a beauty! I couldn't resist answering your question about a repeat performance. I signed a large breed dog for training many years ago. Just before her first lesson she broke her right leg while jumping off a second floor balcony to visit with the kids coming home from school down below.

OK. So three months later we scheduled her for that first lesson again. Unbelievably she jumped off the same balcony for the same reason and broke the other leg! Don't count on your dog to learn that lesson just because of a painful and debilitating injury. Do whatever necessary to deny access to the area.

I am curious. Do you have water therapy in your area? We have rehab centers with therapy pools to build up post surgical sites without too much stress on the damaged area. Perhaps you might ask your vet.

In my prayers,

3. honeybears

honeybears New Member

ouch! Prayers for Faith, and that water therapy is a great idea if you have access

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Best of luck to Faith!!! I hope that surgery goes well and smooth for all!!
    I would have to agree with doggie dogs don't "learn" from getting hurt... the joy of having the family home or whatever they are attempting to get to that brings them joy they will do whatever it takes to get to it. You would hope that they would remember the situation but usually don't. The best thing to do is to block off the area of danger so that it can hopefully be avoided in the future.

BTW Faith is beautiful!!!

5. Samsintentions

Actually no...
    But i did go and get a new horse traulf.. gonna need one anyway.. its the tall oblong type. So she'll fit in it nicely but won't be able to touch bottom with a doggie lifejacket on...
    I'm gonna hook the air hose up to the "drain plug" (might have to have hubby weld fabricate a little) and that way it'll be the whirlpool effect witha current.

I've worked horses in water and dogs before. Its awsome. very low impact, but with great results and effect.

We've done massages daily and she runs and plays with the other dogs.. its just going to be diffrent when she can flex and extend that back leg after being fixed for so long.

6. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

what a great idea way to be creative!! would love to see that in action take pics....

7. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Aww sam i hope faith makes a full recovery and soon back to her normal self. Well when i say normal i don;t mean her trying to injure herself again.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Mike

8. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

My thoughts will be with you and faith on the 4th.

9. Samsintentions

Thanks ya'll... I'll be sure to take some pics. LOL

Suprisingly she gets around very well with the rod in place now. IT'll be a relief when she gets the rod out so she can fully exend and flex the leg.

And i won't got pulling my hair out and worry'n every time she trips!!!

10. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I can only imagine your nerves since she has been recovering through this whole ordeal.... hopefully this will all be over soon. I am always surprised at how well animals do with an injury.
    Hang in there!!

11. Samsintentions

Yeah. She's a resiliant dog. Keeping her calm after the first surgery was hard enough! OMG....

12. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

:mrgreen: I can imagine!!! they don't want to stay still they need to stay still and calm but getting them to do that yea right........ :mrgreen:

When Buster got snipped and it got infected..... Poor guy... he had to have an ecollar on well ok sure keep him calm.... I had to put him in his crate for down time so that 1. he didn't bug his backend. 2. I could put the house back together from the ecollar knocking everything off... 3. for my sanity......

Yea and after you have cats desexed they tell you to keep them from jumping......tell me how you do that one...... :eek:

best of luck and look forward to getting updates on how Faith does....

13. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Yea I'll second that one..Keep us informed, she is a beauty. :D

14. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

Good Luck Faith on the surgery tomorrow!!!
    Let us know how she does!!

15. Samsintentions

We need prayers more than ever now.

I took her in this moring. Her happy vibrant self. And they called me just a little bit ago with some heart wrenching news. When they put her out and intubated, they found a mass at the back of her mouth/throat. The vet said he's treated cases before and they are cencerous tumors. He removed as much of it as he could and they're sending it off for biopsy. Its either lymphosarcoma, acantrhomatous ameleoblastoma, or malignant melanoma.

Ugh.... She's soo awsome of a dog and too young to have cancer. Its just absolutely killing me. I'm a wreck..

16. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

oh no sam, my thoughts and prayers are with you and faith, Lets hope its nothing, and was just from when she was intubated the first time round.

Fingers crossed.

Mike

17. Samsintentions

They said its not likely... he's pretty sure its a tumerous growth.

18. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

:cry: Oh Sam I'm so sorry to hear that news..... I'm praying for some good news for both of you!! I hope that it can be treated whatever it turns out to be.... :(
    be strong and hang in there!!! :cry: :cry:

19. Chezza

Chezza New Member

Ohhhh no, Im so sorry, :( :( :(
    My thoughts and prayers are with you all too. ((((((hugs))))))

20. Sara

Sara New Member

I've not dealt with cancer but that's just so hard to lose a dog no matter how... I'm hoping for the best for you all!